Two Rolling Chassis'

I'm not sure what the black frame is, but I'm pretty positive the green one is a Speedway Shark. Traded a set of golf clubs for the black frame including some nice parts. Haven't played golf in years. Although it could be fun sometimes, it's just too expensive. I'd rather buy mini bikes and restore them. Paid 40 bucks for the Speedway. I've got a small collection that will keep me busy for a while now :smile:.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ahgNk4Nr4]

nice, I like the speedway and I think you may be right on it being a shark. Check out hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha for many brochures, specs, pictures of original and fully restored models. It's a great site for research on speedways during a restoration.

I think I know which site you are talking about. But what about the black frame? It doesn't look like anything special, but I'd like to know what it is and get an idea of how it looked originally. Anyone?:confused:

Having a hard time here:mad2:. Got an engine on the black unknown frame (scratch built possibly), pulled the second #35 split sprocket off the existing #41 sprocket, put in the correct wheel spacers (the existing were too large of an ID and were pressing on the bearing shield instead of the inner race) and threw a chain on it. Got the engine running, hopped on her and took er for a little test :scooter:. Started picking up speed and heard some funny noises, looked down at the back sprocket and noticed a lot of wobble...the sprocket and the wheel are not concentric, it's pretty bad, then the chain popped and locked. The sprocket is terribly thin anyway and I need the real deal put on here. So I'm looking all over for a sprocket that will match the bolt hole pattern of the rear wheel which is 6 bolt holes, clearance for 5/16 bolts, on a 4-3/4" bolt circle. I cannot find any kind of sprocket with this pattern...what kind of wheel do you think this is (two piece steel, 5")? I'm about ready to just get another back wheel, the correct spacer type(s) and the correct sprocket, but I'd like to not have to buy another wheel.

Ok, I'm pretty sure this is a custom made frame. But I got her pretty well put together and she actually rides pretty nice. Here are a few pics of her.

I used a 6" back rim with the 2-7/8" industrial hole pattern and some go kart hubs on each side. I pressed some 3/4" ID bearings into the ends of the hubs since this frame uses a 3/4" bolt as the rear axle. I was able to mount a standard sprocket on the one hub and the other I plan mounting a brake disc. I'll mount the disc caliper and have a nice disc brake setup and ditch the scrub brake.

Home made seat of course.

Yes I did take the 6HP OHV briggs off the Lil Indian Sabre for this one, but I'm also in the process of restoring the Lil Indian Sabre which will be using a smaller briggs with a two speed clutch/jackshaft setup.