Two speed sprocket help

Biffmini

I'm trying to find a overrunning sprag clutch sprocket to rework my trail horse jack shaft back to a two speed.
I have the original jack shaft clutch & the 24 tooth freewheel sprocket, but the sprocket is missing rollers & springs.
If anyone has any ideas were I can find a replacement sprocket or parts for my original, I sure could use the help.:helpsmilie:

Sounds like you are talking about the "first gear sprocket" on the jackshaft. The bigger sprocket with the one way clutch? If so, I just bought a one way bearing of amazon.com for my rupp two speed setup. The one way bearing was just pressed into the sprocket. There was a torrington bearing part number on the bearing. I just goggled the part number and found lots of similar bearings and ordered the correct one for my 69 rupp. It was only $20. Hope I helped....

Biffmini

Yep first gear sprocket...
Thanks For the reply, It sounds like you have a different type Of sprocket than mine.
I,ll keep trying... No luck yet :confused:

Biffmini

First gear sprocket

My sprocket does not have a bearing, it has four roller bearings & four little springs that are missing.
I have a General appliance mini, I think it is a Trail Horse.
Maybe I can use the parts you suggested but I would need the sprocket that fits that bearing also.
Right now I've exceeded attachments quota & can't upload pics. Trying to get this resolved...:sad:
so I can keep moving forward with my build... Thanks for the help:smile:

hey biff.......spend 25 and become a supporting member........you will not regret it.........I had mine expire and it was the worst two days of my life...........

capguncowboy

I'm pretty sure the part you need is the one-way bearing I listed above. It presses onto the collar and then goes into the middle of your sprocket.

But, you might want to wait on someone with a little more knowledge about these respond first.

Biffmini

Still no luck

I've found complete comet two speed jack shaft set up...
Still no luck finding just the 1st. gear sprocket.
I' like to put a shout out to all trail horse folks that have switched to torque converter, that may have original
jack shaft sprockets... Desperate for HELP !!!

capguncowboy

Here is a shot of what mine looks like inside. It might help you locate the appropriate part(s). Looks like some sort of roll pin is inserted between the legs. This one has never been used, so it's still packed with grease to the point that it's hard to make out

capguncowboy

That's the one I'm after, any ideas on finding one of those?
I've looked around trying to find the parts for you, but I'm not having any luck. You might end up having to buy the entire kit and use what you need and sell the 2nd speed clutch and jackshaft. I know it's probably more than you want to spend, but it might be your only avenue.

Biffmini

I've looked around trying to find the parts for you, but I'm not having any luck. You might end up having to buy the entire kit and use what you need and sell the 2nd speed clutch and jackshaft. I know it's probably more than you want to spend, but it might be your only avenue.
Yep I'm starting to realize your probably right on that, witch means I'll stick with a single speed.
Way past budget already!!!