unidentified chopper I bought

Xander

Hi Guys,
Any idea what this is? I picked it up from ebay and it was close to me. I felt the components alone were worth the money.
X

kbs8ball

looks like my manco stars and stripes. look at the front ends..check for decals under the paint. that was in sandusky wasnt it? I remember seeing it on CL

it is probably the manco the tank is a sears and the honda motor is obviously wrong. I actually was the high bidder on it when it was on ebay before this last time. i wouldnt have paid that much but i have somany bikes i dont need another one

delray

it looks to be a manco. the only company i know that use that type of one piece metal plate for a triple tree?
:scooter:...........

That looks just like the frame on my chopper. I am told that I also have a Manco. I like the 5.5 idea. That thing must really scoot with that motor.

Xander

Manco Stars and Stripes

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the assistance. Jim, it does haul ass. It is my fastest at the moment. I bypassed the governor and it moves. Delray is that an ACME quad frame you have and is it finished. I bought most of the ACME chopper frames from that guy in eastern Pa. three years ago. He didn't have any of the quad frames left but he had a cool trike I bought that was based on the ACME frame. Austin, the pipe was custom and has a cool sound. Kenny, Yes it came from Port Clinton. The wife sold it and the husband didn't even know. It would have gone higher but she listed on ebay incorrectly as a 50cc and she spelled Bonanza wrong. She didn't get the attention she should have. I'm selling the fiberglass tank It just doesn't fit in with my ideas. I have it mostly done in black and Kawasaki Green. It's rattle can but repairs are easier. It even glows under a black light. It was worth every penny. The master link was broken and the engine was out of alignment....that's all that was wrong. It sat for 4 years till his son outgrew it and SHE was tired of looking at it. I didn't even identify it, I just used the buy it now and picked it up 2 days later. It is so light and quick. I originally wanted another kids bike for the numerous parades I ride in but my 10 year old is the only one with enough riding experience to handle the power. I would say I had it up to or close to 40mph....no exaggeration.
X

The tank

Hi
I still want to shoot a bunch of digitals. I spent every last moment yesterday finishing the green chopper. As far as I'm concerned the tank is yours pending your approval of pictures. I have a 20 month old that eats up almost every last minute of free time. Yesterday was great.....6 1/2 hours of minibike time. I did put gas in the tank this weekend and it doesn't leak. It also has a shut off on the bottom that works fine. I'll try to find time this weekend. I work a lot of double shifts. One entire job funds my hobby. So, I'm not on a limited budget and I'm not forced to buy things dirt cheap or items that need lots of work. I just find something I like with component parts that are a deal in the package. The chopper was great because everything was there and in good shape. The pick up did not cost me anything. I simply got it with the company van when I was in that area. I like ready to ride mini's because I don't have the time for major overhauls. Minor things still eat up hours and hours. I decided 2 months ago to sell everything that was deemed a "project" and concentrate on having everything in the garage running, rideable and safe. I don't want any "projects" lying around.
X