Update on my build

I joined the forum in November after purchasing a used CT200U. Things I have done...

New Tires
Spark Plug
Torq Converter
9T drive and 60T driven sprockets
Stage 1 kit
Coleman Suspension Kit
Throttle Cable and Grips
Honda Spring and stop back out
Wheel Bearings
Brake Shoes

It's been a good project this winter. I have not ridden it since the upgrades. I have a few things yet to button up! But after a few pointers from some of you (Thanks again!) and quite a bit of research online, its almost time to ride!

20230108_160125.jpg 20230108_160136.jpg

Last edited:
@SAS289 - I did the zip tie mod and installed the Honda throttle spring

@LIVIT - Model A014 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DYDDRZ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - Have no idea rather good or bad. The tread pattern is aggressive. That caught my attention.

I do not really know what I'm doing, other than what I have read and what a couple ya'll have told me. Hopefully the torq is not so bad it's not fun to ride. While at the same time, I wanted to ensure there was plenty of power to pull my big @ss! I am 50 yrs and weigh 245lbs.
I'm looking forward to my first ride. I'll report back when I get that far! :)

LIVIT

@SAS289 - I did the zip tie mod and installed the Honda throttle spring

@LIVIT - Model A014 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DYDDRZ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - Have no idea rather good or bad. The tread pattern is aggressive. That caught my attention.

I do not really know what I'm doing, other than what I have read and what a couple ya'll have told me. Hopefully the torq is not so bad it's not fun to ride. While at the same time, I wanted to ensure there was plenty of power to pull my big @ss! I am 50 yrs and weigh 245lbs.
I'm looking forward to my first ride. I'll report back when I get that far! :)
Tks, I like that aggressive pattern myself. I'm 65 yrs old 225 lbs. My Ct200U has a slightly modified Wildcat 223, TAV and 60T. It can wheel stand and dump you, but with proper throttle management. I've not found it too be any issue. Mine jumps up into the mid 40's quickly and that's fast enough for me :)

Tks, I like that aggressive pattern myself. I'm 65 yrs old 225 lbs. My Ct200U has a slightly modified Wildcat 223, TAV and 60T. It can wheel stand and dump you, but with proper throttle management. I've not found it too be any issue. Mine jumps up into the mid 40's quickly and that's fast enough for me :)
Sounds like a hell of a bike @LIVIT. :)

LIVIT

Sounds like a hell of a bike @LIVIT. :)
I you ever decide to change engines, check out the Wildcat 223 at EC carbs. They're on sale right now for $180. IMO the best bang for the money. More displacement, a lot lower rpm torque and hp band. Stock it's close to having a 10:1 compression. Or you can go with their already modified for $400. I got a build planned for one that will be over 10.5:1 compression and around %30 more torque and hp and will still be turning rpm's below 6500. Unless your drag racing, I don't see the need for high rpm's. I want torque for trail riding and enduro races.

I you ever decide to change engines, check out the Wildcat 223 at EC carbs. They're on sale right now for $180. IMO the best bang for the money. More displacement, a lot lower rpm torque and hp band. Stock it's close to having a 10:1 compression. Or you can go with their already modified for $400. I got a build planned for one that will be over 10.5:1 compression and around %30 more torque and hp and will still be turning rpm's below 6500. Unless your drag racing, I don't see the need for high rpm's. I want torque for trail riding and enduro races.
That sounds very interesting...it is why I got into this hobby, besides owning a couple other street bikes. The low cost of performance upgrades means cheap fun! I'll keep the Wildcat 223 on my radar @LIVIT! Thanks for the advice!

And I gotta figure out how to get into the enduro races! I've seen vids on youtube! Looks like a blast!

LIVIT

I don't care for the zip tie thing but you should top out before you start breaking things. Change the oil often.

I was topping out right at 5K with the 196 and that gearing and have a little more than stock power.
Totally agree my friend. Instead of doing the zip tie. Move that governor spring to the most outer hole on the governor arm , away from engine, but closer too carb.. You will get a lot more rpm, but governor will kick in at around 5000 or so RPM.