Valve retainer issues

Changed valve springs and cleaned the head but my exhaust valve retainer came off while running, Luckily the valve didnt fall in to the cylinder and cause any damage. Anyone know if the valve retainers are different or if my retainer is just bad? THanks

Lash cap only fits the exhaust valve retainer, and will not fit into the intake valve retainer. I like using two lash caps to...but you need two exh. valve retainers.

Lash cap only fits the exhaust valve retainer, and will not fit into the intake valve retainer. I like using two lash caps to...but you need two exh. valve retainers.
sorry if that was not clear but like eric said two exhaust retainers and two lash caps !!! but if you are going to have to order them you might as well get aluminum retainers and locks :thumbsup:

Thanks but I guess I dont have to. I used steel retainers from a different engine but I used different valve springs not sure how much pressure they had but they were a tad more than the stock. But I turned over the motor and it had seemed it loss compression it still runs but dont feel the same anyone know what mightve happened