valve train upgrade

hi guys whats the hot setup for cam upgrade black mamba sounds popular but i seen Isky alot too got a hemi motor but havent pulled the head(or even the spark plug lol)so not sure if i have a dished piston(should i change to a flattop piston) where is the best source for all these parts cam pushrods guide plate rockers springs ext also looks like taking .065 off the head is necessary to run stock length pushrods

if your motor is a hemi then you already have a flattop. and for performance parts tim (isky) sells great stuff, or NR racing. also the black mamba is a great cam. I personally have one my self.

you can spend big $ real quick. If you do one mod at a time, you learn what works best. I got a 22 mm clone carb from BMI with manifold adaptor cheap! (off a 390) didn't need to change jets. Make it breathe! Ratio rockers,timing key (8 degree). air filter,exhaust, make a big difference without too much cash.

Isky Push rods mamba

hi guys whats the hot setup for cam upgrade black mamba sounds popular but i seen Isky alot too got a hemi motor but havent pulled the head(or even the spark plug lol)so not sure if i have a dished piston(should i change to a flattop piston) where is the best source for all these parts cam pushrods guide plate rockers springs ext also looks like taking .065 off the head is necessary to run stock length pushrods
Isky grinds in lift and duration by dropping the base-circle were dyno welds the lubes then grinds maintianig the base, your right the isky cam will require longer push rods, mainly what you run into is the bottom of the rocker arm contacting (or having very little clearance) the rocker stud shoulder because of the lower install. shaving the head negats that problem. The welded cam is an easyer install if the head dont get planed. If your looking at 1.3 rockers and ThIcKeR aftermarket guide plates then your playing with that can of worms agian.
Oddly enough Isky dont sell longer spec (+0.060'') push rods to go with his Mamba cams.
As for best sourse im liking B&M carting right now, good stock.

Isky grinds in lift and duration by dropping the base-circle were dyno welds the lubes then grinds maintianig the base, your right the isky cam will require longer push rods, mainly what you run into is the bottom of the rocker arm contacting (or having very little clearance) the rocker stud shoulder because of the lower install. shaving the head negats that problem. The welded cam is an easyer install if the head dont get planed. If your looking at 1.3 rockers and ThIcKeR aftermarket guide plates then your playing with that can of worms agian.
Oddly enough Isky dont sell longer spec (+0.060'') push rods to go with his Mamba cams.
As for best sourse im liking B&M carting right now, good stock.
The black mamba is a weled lobe cam . I have never heard changing the push rods unless a lot is milled off the head or different length lifters are used . i believe all his cams are welded lobe except the billet ones . I once talked with him about using a Honda core for a better compression release , but was told the Honda cams are to hard to weld to and he uses clone cores . JMHO

I have .65 off my head with a black mamba and I use stock length chromoly rods and my geometry is fine. did the old marker check to make sure it was riding on the center and it appears that they are. runs good so i'll say in my case it's ok. can't say that for every motor though.