Very interesting read

toomanytoys

Very interesting! I would not have the guts to do it...no way.
I'm glad someone took the time to read this :laugh:

I couldn't believe that he went through this with basicly no spare parts, no tools, nothing.

When he snapped the axle he could of easily fixed it by having a bolt kit, a battery drill, good drill bits, and an easy out set.

Plus he didn't even have a darn winch!

Oldsalt

The very least he could have done was strap a couple of minibikes [Briggs powered] to the vehicle so that they would have a way of getting back to the last habitable place.

The comment, about government operated mines shut down because they can't compete with privately operated mines, and the pics of the wrecked mines and processing plants confirmed an obvious truth about what happens when government gets its hands on anything. The Congo will be a back-water, even with the immense natural wealth, for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Very interesting reading so far. I have court todayso if I can get a signal I'll read more. Thanks for posting it. (What the Judge looks like today :hammer:, diff kind of hammer though :rolleyes:)

toomanytoys

The very least he could have done was strap a couple of minibikes [Briggs powered] to the vehicle so that they would have a way of getting back to the last habitable place.
I wonder if we could cross the congo on a couple super broncs, tote gotes or the like :scooter:

I'd like to try it on a polaris RZR or something. Those things are tanks.

Oldsalt

Maybe two PZRs both with tiny trailers that contain fuel and etc. would be a safer set-up than one heavy 4wd vehicle. Being narrow the big wash-outs and potholes in the 'roads' would be a lot easier to navigate around.

It would take a lot of planning to undertake such a trip...just knowing the route to take that would provide the least chance of being BBQed and eaten would take some study.

Great post and props to these people!

The one time I wish I wasn't American, travel outside of the US. (I know there Belgian, talking personal experience.) Only read up to the mines part so far..:eek:hmy:. I'd imagine this to be a thrill of a life changing experience.

Mini might be a smoother ride too with all those mid-road sinkholes! :laugh:

P.S.- Sweet site in general! Lot's of different places people have visited.

Last edited: