Video of my project and shop (bronco)

delray

shayneyasinski,here is a type of rearend you may want to use on your trike build. open rearend,it will allow you to turn the bike easyer and won't try to push the bike straight while you are turning it.:smile:

shayneyasinski,here is a type of rearend you may want to use on your trike build. open rearend,it will allow you to turn the bike easyer and won't try to push the bike straight while you are turning it.:smile:
I was planning on having one wheel freewheel and have a pin to lock it for snow ect.

this way it will turn good yet be posi when needed.

I do have a diff like what you have pictured but seem to have lost it to my friend for his go cart....

Sometimes on okc CL a guy sells complete chinese 4 wheeler rear assemblies, my buddy used one on a kart project and it worked fine look for deals or a supplier My Heald Super Tryke has a comet unit under it and it drives supernice! Nice shop! Nice minibikes!

shayneyasinski,here is a type of rear end you may want to use on your trike build. open rear end,it will allow you to turn the bike easier and won't try to push the bike straight while you are turning it.:smile:

You don't really want a diff in a 3 wheeler. trust me I know with the one I built. When you go around a sharp corner at speed one of tires will unload and when it comes back down.........lets just say you've got problems then.

Ive also tried the one wheel thing....waste of time. it will just burn rubber with any thing over 3 hp. and it's not like quality mini bike tired are cheap......

My best advice to you is do a true locked/posi axle, when you first hop on after you build your trike It will push it turns but that's only because you have no idea how to ride a trike (I know I didn't) When riding with a live axle you need to learn to trust the trike, Hunker down low and lean a little bit to the out side (not inside like a bike) in turns. After you've mastered how to turn, No One will be able to tell your trike can't turn.

I got plenty rap about my trike not being able to turn, but after I learned how to drive, I shut up the haters real fast especially since I beat out a tweaked Baja carbon in a race.:1orglaugh: And all you guys know how well those bikes corner.....It's nuts really being so low to the ground with really wide tires. But then again..I was drifting around the corners...But still, I won:001_tt2: (Both the trike and bike were matched in speed)

delray

i have tried both set up's too. posi rearend works great if you want to dirt track around all day,but for just doodling around you want a open rearend. they both work good. it just depends on what you want to use it for?....