Vintage CAT minibike runs well, complete

I kind of bought this one for you guys.

It has the longer springer front forks and small front wheel and chrome fender. I say longer forks because the frame sits level, even with that small front wheel. We all remember the Schwinn Orange Krates with the cool small front wheel.

It has a 3 hp Briggs and Stratton on it. Looks really old but it started on the first pull after I shot some carb cleaner in it. Idled for 1/2 hour flawlessly.

The throttle spring is kind of hinky so I didn't ride it down the road. I picked up the back wheel and revved it and the clutch engaged. Tires are good brake works. The seat it is, what you see is what you get.

I want $295 or best offer. It's good little vintage bike, I think I'd keep it for less than that. Shipping is on you but I'll help crate it for you. Call me on my cell if you need to.

Steve 719-393-2900 north of Colorado Springs 80921

Last edited:
wasnt that the one on CL for 50? it looks like it has the wrong front tire & wrong set of forks but other then that it appears pretty original and the seat obviously isnt original

wasnt that the one on CL for 50? it looks like it has the wrong front tire & wrong set of forks but other then that it appears pretty original and the seat obviously it original

No it's not.

But I'm obivously asking for more than I paid. Making a little profit is not evil.:smile:

I runs great, For $300 it's just plain fun never mind the collectibilty.

I am surprised a member would go to the for sale section and try to denegrate someone's minibike. BTW 71 Dodge was one of the first to offer to buy it by private message. I guess he's upset I'm am not selling it for the same price I bought it for.

If you want to ask questions fine, but why try to push others away by saying this or that is wrong? Are you trying to just lower the price so you can buy it?

I would think the site has rules about this.

I am surprised a member would go to the for sale section and try to denegrate someone's minibike. BTW 71 Dodge was one of the first to offer to buy it by private message. I guess he's upset I'm am not selling it for the same price I bought it for.

If you want to ask questions fine, but why try to push others away by saying this or that is wrong? Are you trying to just lower the price so you can buy it?

i wasnt denegrating your bike i was just saying that a few parts were wrong geez and i was offering to buy it before pics were sent to me

i wasnt denegrating your bike i was just saying that a few parts were wrong geez and i was offering to buy it before pics were sent to me
I'm not happy that you inferred I bought it for $50, and felt the need to criticize it in front of everyone. You take down your critical posts and I'll take down mine.

Trust me I would never go to one of your for sale posts and criticize.:censure:Can't you see how that is rude?

its a cool bike so what parts are wrong its not like you said all original .. if ur asking 300 ur asking 300 if you cant afford it dont buy it... :hammer:

on one hand be open to offers

on the other dont piss the guy off your trying to buy from

i hate it more when someone says well im going to have to do this and this and that and its going to cost me 30 here and 50 here and 100 to do that... like for example

if i get it i need to put a 6.5 in it theres 80 and a new front rim 30.. plus i want it sandblasted 30.. and powder coated 60.. now you have to sell it to me for 100 bucks

I'm not happy that you inferred I bought it for $50, and felt the need to criticize it in front of everyone. You take down your critical posts and I'll take down mine.

Trust me I would never go to one of your for sale posts and criticize.:censure:Can't you see how that is rude?
i ASKED if you bought it for 50 i didnt say hey this guy bought this bike for 50 BUCKS!!!! and was just STATING that there were some parts that were not correct to the bike. shoot me why dont ya :2guns: you sell the bike for whatever you think it is worth to you thats the whole point of selling stuff is to make a profit so good luck with your sale on the bike.

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes for sale section. Look at EVERY bike advetised on here. Never a reply about wanting to buy the bike. Just tire kickers.

No it's not.

But I'm obivously asking for more than I paid. Making a little profit is not evil.:smile:

I runs great, For $300 it's just plain fun never mind the collectibilty.
It's worth that all day long! Mine is far from done (roller) and I would'nt take less than$200 it is all original but still this cat is worth the scratch! Someone will buy it, hell if it were local I would! Shipping is a deal breaker for me, I set a 250 mile traveling limit as well as the price of gas is going up rapidly! Nice minibike and good luck selling this sweet kitty!

Last edited: