Vintage Minibike Lil Indian Rarest Minibike In The World

markus

The biggest tell was that the west bend 610/820 engines didn't come out till 1962, When I inquired about that on FB, the story I got was the bike is a "tribute" build to the original 610 powered bike from 1962 in the early pics, but the frame itself used there is the 2nd bike ever made. There are some other things you missed as well, such as the upper crossbar is not on, or moved farther under the seat the original WB powered bike, tank is different,etc..

Its a way cool bike regardless, and a great replication, I dunno If I would have went the "custom" route if that frame truly is the 2nd (or would that technically make it the 3rd? If you read the "history of lil indian" it states Troy bought the 1st one, sold it and then bought another 3, and sold them right away, and the add stated it one of the batch of 3) but what people decide to do with their bikes is up to them not us. History gets tweaked here and there or left out along the way sometimes, and that's a bummer for people truly wanting to get something put back together the way it was or to verify whats there when on an old bike etc..

Yep, the tank was actually the first thing I noticed, it's smaller, has the flats on the ends and the filler neck is higher. I just wasn't going to gig him on the tank, that's why I was saying it was obvious it wasn't all original, that and the fact that he thanks Karen for the seat in his FB video. The front tire is a different size as well, not to mention he has the front wheel the wrong way according to the picture. The front axle is longer, the nuts aren't right either. I did notice something didn't look right with that crossbar but couldn't place my finger on it, I just figured maybe the seat was further forward or something. He said it was a Troy Ruttman serial numbered bike and that Troy made ten 610 powered bikes. So it may not have been the second Lil Indian made but the second of ten 610 powered bikes?. But if the WB 610 wasn't out until 1962, which also matches the date on his picture, then the serial number wouldn't be 200059. That still doesn't explain the differences in the photo compared to the bike he claims to be the rarest in the world. I still believe it's a later production bike due the second hole on the left axle strap. the damage is already done with all the false claims, who knows what other fakery there is with serial numbers or whatever, he's lost all credibility with me as far as I'm concerned. I didn't know that about the West Bends though, kind of hard to have a bike that was supposedly built in 1959 with a 1962 engine on it, Hahahaha. I do agree it is a cool bike but when you present a big story and a big price tag, a price tag that is only that high due to the story, you should have some documentation, which is why it's now a tribute built bike. The eBay listing was ended the second day after listing it, hopefully somebody had some sense and didn't buy into his BS ( Bogus Story ).

PatrickCraik

Rare and desirable go hand in hand. I dont see it sold for his crazy price,therefore not very desirable and not rare. I have a Columbia Rambler. I've only seen one other and that was on the net. So,Only 2 around? Does that make it rare? No, Not very desirable beyond me and the other guy. Certainly not worth some crazy money.IMHO

Last edited: