VW GTI 20th Anniversary FOR SALE

I am selling my outstanding VW GTI. This is the 2003 20th Anniversary Edition of which only 4000 were made (1000 which were yellow)- mine is number 3410 – Imola Yellow. I have maintained this car to the highest level and it has never been raced or abused. All of the 147K miles are highway miles as I had a 100 mile per day freeway commute to work.

The interior and exterior of this car is excellent. No dents or dings - only some paint chips on the front air dam and rear flares. Absolutely no rust anywhere.

List of stock features:

1.8L Turbocharged motor
6-speed close ratio gearbox
18" wheels (winter and summer tires included)
Stainless steel exhaust
fog lights/ city lights with euro spec light switch
4 wheel disc brakes with red painted calipers
GTI Recaro seats (the most comfortable seat in any car I've sat in)
Power Sunroof/moon roof
Power locks/ windows
AC (new condensor installed '08) - works great, ice cold

Additional features:

New clutch in '08
New front axles/CV joints in '08
New Hitachi coils '08
HR springs in '07
AGX adjustable struts/shocks in '07
Front discs are drilled and slotted - pads are high performance EDB greens
New timing belt/water pump at 140K (per manuf. recommendation)
Cold air intake - ABD Racing
Front Strut Bar - Neuspeed
HR spacers - 8mm front, 10mm rear
Boost Gage
ECU - APR software with 87 and 93 octane programs (225HP/247lbft)
R32 short shifter
Mobil 1 for the life of the car – used only VW recommended oversize oil filters
Magnetic oil plug with spare copper crush washers
2 New tires on front, rears have one summer on them
4 Continental Conti’s – one winter on them
Includes Eurosport 3” downpipe – not installed
Kamei eyelids – painted but not installed
Monster Mats and cloth GTI mats included
1200W professional sound system with dual amps and powered subwoofer.
Kevlar coned speakers with full x-over units. Driver adjustable bass/boost control.
IPod / RCA input device with IPod connector.

I have taken excellent care of this car and only used the highest quality cleaners, parts, lubricants, etc. I will include the VW tools – double squares, etc. I also will include the VAG-COM software and cable AND the genuine VW shop manual.

This is a fast and fun car. I get between 28 and 30mpg all the time. It looks great and is comfortable to drive over long distances. Always turns heads where ever I go.

With my work situation the way it is:sadcrying4:, I am offering it at a very reasonable $9,900.

Summer is on the way and this car is a blast to drive around town. Please email for more information or if you want to make an appt. to see the car.
ff160000 at yahoo dot com

Car is located near Milwaukee. Will work with you on delivery if needed.

Thanks for looking!!:smile:

I would kill for that. Great looking car :thumbsup: Are you a member of vwvortex.com? You would probably be better off selling there

Last edited:
My first car was a 81 VW Rabbit, I always wanted a Rabbit GTI in silver with the blue interior. There fun cars to drive!
I had the 76 rabbit and I always wanted the rabbit cabriolet,they were considered preppy cars but I thought they were cool.Nice ride kbee00,I'm sure it won't take long.

VWs are great and run forever. I'm sure someone is still running around with your old gti.
i sold it to a friend with a blown up clutch for $250, he sold it to a guy at work (my current roommate), he sold it to a different friend of mine, he sold it to some dude that worked at the shop next to his, he sold it to some kid that was his ex-g/f's friend's little brother. i don't know what happened to it after that. :laugh:

that car was around for a good 6 years.

Thanks for the kind words guys. BB is $6500 and there are over $6000 of upgrades to the car so I think my price is very reasonable. The price is best offer.

nice car

not to mention only 4000 were made making it a collectible car for the vw enthusiast( I know someone who has one, can't stop talking about it or Volkswagen and German cars for that matter ) so that's a good price(especially on as nicely maintained as yours)

not to mention only 4000 were made making it a collectible car for the vw enthusiast( I know someone who has one, can't stop talking about it or Volkswagen and German cars for that matter ) so that's a good price(especially on as nicely maintained as yours)
you must know the same guy i do that has one of these. :thumbsup:

I love rolling my VW's ('87 cabriolet w/2.0 16 valve in it, '81 rabbit truck w/2.0 8 valve) they rip in the snow. Not much for ground clearence but on a snowy strreet my rabbit truck will roll and blow away most 4x4's. Never have understood with the new gas prices why the front wheel drive small truck has never been revived by one of the car companies that are great at making front wheel drives. More people need an economical little runner truck than a big ole 4x4. I have a big truck that sits for when i need to haul big loads. Its funny how many of the jobs i do the vw is more than capable. And with the 2.0 liter and four wheel disc's I can even pull small trailers no prob.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats a sweet GTI, thats one I've never owned. Maybe someday. Thinking of selling off the cabriolet, maybe a GTI next:thumbsup:

That is a good price on the GTI. I have an '02 Beetle with 1.8 turbo. Great cars to drive. Good power and decent mileage. Just fun. Wish mine had the 6 speed instead of the 5 speed.:wink: