WANTED!!! Arctic Cat Carb

Need a carb for my new restoration (and first restoration) project- a beautiful 1972 AC Ramrod - has the 98cc Kawasaki engine -2 stroke of course.

Found this beauty literally in a barn. The original owner has had it since his dad bought it for him new in '72 - the carb was pulled and lost so the bike just sat ever since....

I will be needing other parts I'm sure - any idea where to find AC parts for this bike?

Can't wait to get started on it....:smile:

Email Bob Fragoman at mbman@juno.com. He is a super nice guy who bought out all the Arctic Cat mini parts in the mid 70's.I talked to him about a week ago about a Ramrod I picked up.He has just about any Arctic cat part there is. Good luck

Email Bob Fragoman at mbman@juno.com. He is a super nice guy who bought out all the Arctic Cat mini parts in the mid 70's.I talked to him about a week ago about a Ramrod I picked up.He has just about any Arctic cat part there is. Good luck
I got in touch with Bob - he has a carb - $300 plus shipping - wow!! twice what I paid for the whole bike - and as I told him -I understand the laws of supply and demand as well as the next guy....sure hope I don't need anything else that I can't fix or make myself...

anyway - you have any other ideas of how to adapt a different - more common carb - onto this engine? he suggested to put a Tecumseh engine in it -no way can I do that. but being a 2-stroke engine - shouldn't just about any reed valve / diaphram carb with the right bore and bolt pattern work? I know tuning will be an issue...but there is nothing more simple than a reed valve carb....

do you have a manual for your AC Ramrod? I asked Bob but he hasn't responded.

Thanks for your help. BTW - do you have any pics of your Ramrod? be great to see what you have done to yours.

Ouch!! on that carb price!!! I bought a new taillight assembly($10) & tank decal set($35). I will take some pics this weekend & post them.

kbee,

the member "I90RoadKing" on here is very knowledgeable in the Arctic Cat area. Send him a PM.

It may take him a few days, or even weeks to respond, but he knows his stuff - and probably has some parts you'll need. :thumbsup:

Wow! That looks great! I can only hope mine turns out as well as yours. I actually got mine home yesterday - fought a nasty snowstorm to drive 2-1/2 hours from my house to pick it up. But I got to talk to the owner - found out his dad got it for him when he was 12. His dad bought it from a store that sold all kinds of stuff and he had the brand new mini bike thrown in on a deal when he purchased $6000 worth of milk pipe for his farm.

If only his darn uncle hadn't lost the carb....

Where did you get the cover for your seat? Mine is really dried out and cracking all over - but want to replace it with the original style.

Also, I noticed my gas tank has a black rubber strip all the way around it - your's appears blue????

So now it is a search for parts - the carb or course - but need a kickstand, rear tail light lens and new stickers. Every thing else is going to be elbow grease, re-chroming, re-painting, etc.:hack::grind:

Anything I need to watch out for during the resto??

Thanks again for posting the pics. Gives me inspiration!:scooter:

Loren

Loren, my tank is missing the black rubber ring- yours is correct.My seat is original as is most of the bike.The seat is still soft & plyable.My Ramrod isnt in restored, mint shape but very nice & unrestored.It runs great as does my Whisker.I love these things!! Good luck with yours & post pics. Mark

Kabee
Stock carb is a Mikuni. Have to check to see what mm. They were a bugger. Most of them broke at the base clamped to a manifold tube. I haven't found any other sources for replacement carbs. If you want to ride it this up coming season, I would suggest the purchase from Fraggoman. You can wait it out and try and get one on Ebay but it will more than likely cost you half for a used one and a good one doesn't come up that often. I often wondered if the the Kitty Cat carb was similar size as it used a 60 cc motor from the same family.
Seat covers you can pick up from Joe Lapota seatguy@adelphia.net. I worked with him to re-creat all 3 years seats. Be sure and tell him you want a 72 with the black front pannel that presses against the rear of the gas tank. Look over the Arctic Cat section here on this site.
The kick stand your going to have to watch Ebay or manufacture one. They are an inch longer than the 6" wheel bikes. Last I checked with Fraggoman, he did not have any unless he has found a box of them as of late.
The tail lights you can get on Ebay or a variety of mini bike vendors for around 10 to 15 dollars. They are just a touch different in the appearance in the lens but not that noticable. Fraggoman will have the exact but at a higher cost. Just depends on how authentic a detail you want.
Let me know if I can help you out with anything else

I90