Wanted: Comet 30 series driven rear sheeve or complete driven, buy or trade

125ccCrazy

I'm looking for a 30 series driven rear sheeve or a complete driven, I will buy or if you want I will trade a nice 30 series driver for it..... I bought a tav driven and mounting plate but the shaft was so rusted in the sheeve I couldn't drive it out so the sheeve and shaft is junk...

Next time, make a sheetmetal shield to keep the flame from hitting the sheeve. Then heat the shaft about an inch away until it is beyond cherry red for a while so some heat soaks thru the shaft under the sheeve. Now drop it in a bucket of cold water or quench it with a garden hose and tap the shaft out. If it doesn't work the first time, heat again a little longer.

If you keep scrapping parts that are becoming scarce, we may have to ban you from possessing them. In the meantime, I'll look and see if I have any extras. I think mine are all in sets.

125ccCrazy

Next time, make a sheetmetal shield to keep the flame from hitting the sheeve. Then heat the shaft about an inch away until it is beyond cherry red for a while so some heat soaks thru the shaft under the sheeve. Now drop it in a bucket of cold water or quench it with a garden hose and tap the shaft out. If it doesn't work the first time, heat again a little longer.

If you keep scrapping parts that are becoming scarce, we may have to ban you from possessing them. In the meantime, I'll look and see if I have any extras. I think mine are all in sets.
keep scrapping parts?? what other parts did I supposively "scrap" or screw up? everything else I saved and fixed that should have been scrapped...

this thing was rusted solid... I soaked it and soaked it with pb blaster, tried heat, it's just rusted bad..I think the rust is piggy backing on itself locking it solid..