Weekend Video Clips

65ShelbyClone

Man, that red mini sounds downright nasty! The good kind!. :thumbsup: The minichopper is pretty cool too.

The rider of that 2-stroke quad either needs to shift before it starts breaking up or fatten up the carb. I didn't see any oil smoke when they took off.......:eek:ut:

About the "almost race", shoulda sandbagged more. :001_tongue:

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah, LOL
The guy on the quad took off his air filters. I guess that had something to do with it?

As you saw in the video we had did about 6 test starts trying to get the guy in the kart to race. But he would never hit the gas. The problem is that the shifter kart clutch was a bit messed up. So he couldn't idle at a stand still. He had to be moving slightly to keep the motor running.

delray

minidragbike,what kind of parts and money is tide up in that red minibike. also what type of fuel his he burning. i like the video of the drive train and motor running:thumbsup:
:scooter: .................. . .$$$$

65ShelbyClone

As you saw in the video we had did about 6 test starts trying to get the guy in the kart to race. But he would never hit the gas. The problem is that the shifter kart clutch was a bit messed up. So he couldn't idle at a stand still. He had to be moving slightly to keep the motor running.
Sounds like he was fishing for a rolling/head start until he finally realized he was going to lose anyway. Seriously, who brings a faulty setup to a race and still bothers to line up? :rolleyes5:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
65shelby
It's a lot of BS going on all the time. That's why we do a lot of arguing all the time. I usually loose my voice every other weekend.

delray
That minibike doesn't cost much at all to build. I forgot to get a close up shoot of the 750cc GSXR steering damper fabrication on it. Other then that it's a regular stock minibike frame with a powerful motor.

I have a big hunk of aluminum sitting on my kitchen table right now I have to get rid of. My friends keep telling me to put it together, but every time I look at it I think about the dangers of to much speed. I got rid of the other one I had, now it's time for this one too.

Last edited:
That looks like a blockzilla with a double bearing side cover is it? If so I would put it together you will have one heck of a time on your mini bike! Blockzilla's can turn out around ( if built right ) 10,000 rpm. Personally I wouldnt run that motor without a didgitron because if it heats up to far it will blow.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
From a jr.dragster company. I had the valve guides, and valve seats offset. That way it can fit up to a 2.00" intake with a 1.700" exhaust valves. The block can also go up to 3.875" bore if needed. I also had it tunnel ported for better flow.

Right now it only has a 3.540" bore, and it's only setup for 1.850" intake with a 1.550" exhaust valve.

MDB is that the engine on the minibike that the guy wrecked?
I got ahold of a 4 horse briggs today from a kid for 5 bucks. It wouldnt run because the idle screw was all the way in lol turned it out and it started right up. Ive heard tell about you can build a 4hp to out run a 5hp briggs. Whats your opinion MDB??

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yes you can do that. The 5hp briggs can be made to make even more power because it's bigger. Or you can take off that 4hp head and put it onto your 5hp briggs and bump up the compression a bit.

No it's not the same motor, but it comes from the same maker. Mine is just bigger:shifty:

a 250cc shifter kart, set up properly, would smoke any single speed mini bike, period! That kart should do 0-100 in less than 5 seconds, no mini is going to do that, not to mention it should top out around 140.....

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
They always say 0-100 in less then 5 seconds. The problem with that is that it's all here say. If that were really the case it will run a 7 second 1/4 mile pass at the drag strip at about 160mph.

That minibike has already beaten a 125cc shifter, 500cc dirtbike, 250cc dirtbike, 350cc banshee quad, Harley's, 600cc motorcycle, and many others I can't remember.

Test it for yourself. That 250cc kart was going to loss, and very bad at that. Remember I have about 10 local friends on this same site that see, and know the same things I do about the racing we do. Everyone of them was trying to force money in are pockets to bet against that kart.

Somethings you just have to see to believe, and I see it every weekend.

On other sites I was called every name in the book from non-believers. Then when I prove it to them they kick me off the site for it. LOL (karts,pocketbikes)

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
enigma just imagine shifting all 6 gears in less then 5 seconds. Or even only shifting 5 of 6 gears in less the 5 seconds. That power band must be very short.

Each shift would have to be done no slower then a 1/2 second. The motor will need to be in each gear no longer then 1/2 second.

It will be something like this.

1st gear 0.5 seconds
powerband acceleration 0.5 seconds
2nd gear 0.5 seconds
3rd gear 0.5 seconds
4th gear 0.5 seconds
5th gear 0.5 seconds

This all equals 5 seconds total. I have never seen a power band like this before. A 1/2 second of power band acceleration isn't going to get it. To get the best acceleration you will have to take off at max torque, and rev to max HP. Then either shift or over rev. 1st gear shift is fast then every shift afterwards gets slower and slower dew to gear ratio. The acceleration is getting slower, but the speed is getting faster. The problem is that the motor acceleration is always faster then the vehicle acceleration. The only way to make them equal is to run a 1.1 ratio with direct drive.

Who said they would be in 5 gear at 100mph? There would probably be 2 gear changes, 2nd, then 3rd, staying in each gear 2 seconds. Watch the banshee, he held the gears waayy too long, yeat averaged aroun 3 seconds per gear... A 250 Kart should top between 140 and 160 mph and blast a 1/4 mile in around 9 seconds. Out of curiousity, what is the gear ratio/max rpm of the mini? How much HP? What is the top speed? How far do they race and is it heads up or do they give leads to balance it out? Shifting doesn't take very long, look at the funny cars that pass the 1/4 mile in just under 5 seconds, they shift at least twice, most shifter karts have paddle shifters and can be speed shifted.

pomfish

Enigma,
Please read up on Funny Cars.
They do not shift at all. They use a progressive clutch.

The only way a shifter cart will do 140-160 is by being dropped out of a plane.
Aerodynamics are real above 100 mph. Without a wing or spoiler, you will get substantial lift.

Thanks,
Keith

Look,
Yes a shifter kart can do well easy 100 mph. Enigma, A shifter cart gains it speed only in a certain distance. Now a blockzilla with A comp cam, ARC stroker rod and billet crank a 3 inch bore, Large valves and a 380 thiliston and a billet head with 2 plugs and a finless flywheel can beat that shifter kart anyday! Also you cant load that shifter cart like a 5 hp engine it cant take the load without moving a little. You will blow out that clutch! Also your saying 2-3 seconds per shift. Okay then do the math.
2x5 is 10 seconds. 3x5 is 15 seconds. So since a mini bike does not have to shift it can take a load and leave the line alot quicker.