Weird sounds!!

Okay well, when I accelerate on my doodlebug (stock motor) it makes this rattling sound or like snapping or clunking sound, can't really explain it, but once I reach half way speed the sound goes away, it only starts when I go from like 0 kmh to 10 kmh....

Could it be the clutch? Because once I pass about 10 kmh the sound basically goes away.

Thanks in advance

I'd suspect the chain hitting the rear chain-guard, it happens on my DB quite a bit, try playing with the chain tensioner, or loosening the bolts on the engine block and them moving the engine forward a bit it should tighten the chain up so it's not so loose cracking on that guard from the idle vibration. :thumbsup:

I'd suspect the chain hitting the rear chain-guard, it happens on my DB quite a bit, try playing with the chain tensioner, or loosening the bolts on the engine block and them moving the engine forward a bit it should tighten the chain up so it's not so loose cracking on that guard from the idle vibration. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, but I know its not the chain, this sounds way different, sounds like snapping springs O_O

Oh yeah, and my friends doodlebug makes the rattling chain sound...And this sound comes when I accelerate, but when I'm in idle or release the rev it stops.

And also keep in mind that it goes away after I reach like 10 km/h.

Last edited:
Im positive its just clutch chatter, you may need to oil it and if that doesnt help the noise then make sure everything is lined up and there is limited play on the PTO shaft