Well you guys helped me with my no spark problem ( a few weeks ago, thanks to everyone for your help! It turned out to be more of a timing problem. No

Well you guys helped me with my no spark problem (QA50) a few weeks ago, thanks to everyone for your help! It turned out to be more of a timing problem. Now that the bike is running I can't get the thing to idle! Once warmed up and I close the choke if I let the throttle go it dies. It's hard to set the idle when this occurs. I've taken the carb apart, cleaned it, re-adjusted the float, set the fuel and idle screws for initial start, re-installed the carb and the same problem occurs. I'm about ready to shoot it! Any help would be appreciated.

Check for air leaks at the front of the carb and where the elbow connects to the head. Not sure if yours has gaskets or "O" rings.
A leak there will make it really lean, especially at idle.
Good luck.

Also, just a little trick...you can adjust your slide stop, or idle speed screw to hold the slide open some more before you start it, then after it warms up and you turn off the "choke", you can turn the stop back out to reduce idle speed.

Isn't there a screw in the side of the carburetor that raises the slide (throttle, in the center or the carb, hooked to the cable)?
Maybe it is on top of that carb, maybe a threaded fitting that the cable goes through, that would raise the cable.
Either way, the idle SPEED is adjusted by raising that round slide inside the carburetor.

Well I installed new gaskets at both ends of the elbow going to the head, still won't run long enough to set the idle, and yes that is the carb. I screw the air and idle screw all the way in, then back them out to where the manual says start the bike and the same thing happens, if I do not jog the throttle the bike stalls. I do have the slide positioned per the manual. Could the jet that rides on the float tab be upside down? I have the pointy end of the jet down and the flat end rides on the float tab.

Pointy end goes in the hole, the flat end touches the tab on the float.
What I was suggesting is that you could turn the idle screw in, holding the engine speed up, keeping the engine running to warm up, then turning the idle screw out to lower the speed to specs.

They were overhead cam, 2 valve, 4 stroke engines with automatic clutch and manual shift 2 speed. They are tiny little bikes and the engine was just different enough that they do not interchange with the newer, larger "Mini Trail" bikes. No rear suspension on QA50.
If you want a fun little bike, look at a Z50. Full suspension, lights, 3 speed and the engines interchange with the larger, newer ones.
We have a Z50 with a 4 speed, manual clutch 90cc engine on it that we have been swapping back and forth among a group of friends since the '90s. Super little bike.