Went into work this morning and saw these...

Went into work this morning and saw these two Z50a's sitting in the corner of our showroom. I was really hoping we took them in on trade for cheap and I'd be able to grab one or both for a decent price. I was ready to drop $3,000-$3,500 on them. Turns out that's not what happened.

One of my bosses saw the pair on CL for $4,000 Sunday. He was the first to call and got them. The seller even had calls after they agreed to meet by people offering thousands more for them. They're all original and both run. Some lady in Santa Cruz (who is now 85yo, her son was selling them for her) bought them back in 1969 when the road her vacation house was on was washed out during a storm. They used them to go to the store when necessary. She kept ALL of the paperwork associated with them, even the original sales receipt with a price of $225. He's got the original pink slips (when they were pink) for both too. Kind of cool story behind them.

He's going to try and flip them. We all think he should get all the paperwork framed and send them to Mecum as a pair or try BaT. Should be able to get a lot of out of them that way.

He's going to try and flip them. We all think he should get all the paperwork framed and send them to Mecum as a pair or try BaT. Should be able to get a lot of out of them that way.
Great score! Post a link if he lists them on BaT so we don't miss watching the fun.