West Bend 820 / Sno Runner Engine

Used WB 820. CW rotation (looking at the PTO). This came off of a Sno Runner so it has a light coil. Stepped crankshaft, I believe it's 9/16" down to 5/8". Tillotson HL320A Carb. Carb is nice and clean, not gummed up but I'm sure it would need at least a gasket kit and a good cleaning. Bore looks nice, has some carbon build up. Don't know if it has spark or not, it's been sitting for years and I didn't want to spin it over too fast dry. Does turn over nice, seems like good compression.

$300 bucks, plus $30 bucks for shipping and insurance.

Attachments

I never owned an 820 with a lighting coil.... is that what's behind that tin cover on the shroud ?

That cover is for the later model ignition coil, not for lighting, but for the lightning!

^^What Eric said. The cover is actually plastic. The Stator for the lights is under the flywheel, and it needs a regulator. I have the one that came with this motor and it's included, but untested.

Decompression valve isn't it?
Yep

The bump out is for the early electronic ignition like Eric said. First year they used the electronic was 79. This engine is probably 79 or 80. The cover is actually aluminum but it does look plastic. The ignition can be replaced with the newer smaller ones and a cover without the bump can be used.

Thanks for the info Aaron. I'm not sure how to date these engines but, the Snorunner program ran from the very late 70's to early 80s so that sounds about right.

This particular cover is made out of plastic, although the one on my ultra clean survivor is made out of aluminum.