western flyer ss 300

markus

did some searching, no luck. Are there any advertisements floating around for the ss 300's? Drug home a Roller that a buddy started to redo and lost interest in. Got a complete roller no seat or chainguard, wanting to get a better idea of what the seat looked like on them. Neat frame, lot of cool little features built into it.

aha......I thought you're title said Western Auto so I thought I had it for you....the fork plate on mine actually calls it a "Wizard"..SS300..

defintely narrower pleats on the seat on my bike......:shrug:

Last edited:

markus

aha.......you're title said Western Auto so I thought I had it for you....the fork plate on mine actually calls it a "Wizard"..SS300..

defintely narrower pleats on the seat on my bike......:shrug:

alot longer seat to, this bike is a bit smaller then the Trail horse's. You been ridin' at night with those pig spotters going yet?? My micro bike has those double hartunne (or somethin like that) headlights on it, even just running off a tire mounted gennie they are surprisingly bright at night for what they are:thumbsup:

markus

Here's the bike, The whole bike looked like that rear fender when he got it. Multiple layers or crust and paint. He did the hard part of stripping the frame, and smoothing it out:thumbsup:

I just sandblasted the wheels welded up a pinhole in one of the halves and primed them, Started to clean some of the original hardware as well.

I will probably weld up the chainguard holes in the frame, I doubt I will ever find one, plus they can just be redrilled. I bought a pair of HS50's from him this trip as well, but I think I will probably use an HS35 or 40 as I have a few of those to choose from.

Trying to decide on color, might just keep it black:shrug: Gonna try the seat thats on my Azusa since that bikes getting taken apart for other projects:

buckeye

That is some cool stuff. Everytime I see pics of your shop,I lose focus on what the topic was. I start looking in the backround.

Bobscooters

wheels that looks cool like the seat, i may need to go repo the one i gave to my brother. he is going out of town in a few weeks his wife bitched when he bought it home i bet she wouldn't flinch giving it back :laugh:

markus

Cool bikes guys! i'm trying to decide on paint color for it. i did spray the wheels standard silver With black inserts but that may change. gonna try to convert an hs50 using early 70's hs40 parts like the shroud and flywheel for power with an OldMiniBikes header coming out the back /center for it.