Wet air filter question?

OK, since nobody answered my last post, maybe because it was weird?
Probably.
I got my air filter wet, will that cause a rich condition due to air restriction?
Seems I took my bike out in wet weather, it was bogging at low RPM, blowing black smoke, detonation in the exhaust which irritates my left ear.

So...yeah?

kayde

What your describing is just like suffocating water torture

Filter has gotta be dried out by now is it any better?

Could also be a stuck/junk in the float needle, but that would usually flood out the engine and drip gas.

What your describing is just like suffocating water torture

Filter has gotta be dried out by now is it any better?

Could also be a stuck/junk in the float needle, but that would usually flood out the engine and drip gas.
It was wet and rainy and it got worse when I accidently wound up in the rut puddle.

Had a brief look at one of your videos. Why's it so hard to start? In that video it was sunny and at one point it looked like you were riding in sand.
I got the starting part down, a little twist of the throttle and it fires right up.
The idle is set too low for the aluminum billet flywheel (stock has more momentum to keep the engine spinning), I don't mind, most of the time it stays running, if it's about to stall i give it a shot of gas.

Most of it IS sand.

Yes......It's like making it run with the choke closed .......Get a new spark plug and change the oil......Along with a new air filter......And if your going to be doing water cross you might want to think about a snorkel . :cool:
The oil is fresh, the plug is fine, the air filter is good.
It got wet, the engine was choking.
I have thought about snorkels.