wet clutch removal

just got a used GX 200 with a 2-1 reduction wet clutch. I haven't tried to take it apart yet. I was wondering how easy it is to get rid of the clutch? is it just bolted to the crank case cover? would I need to get a new crank case cover to run without it? any info like that. going to start into this after the holidays. would appreciate any advice/knowledge before hand. thanx!

rmm727

I would be interested in the wet clutch if you aren't going to use it. Pretty sure you need a different crank as well as a side cover. To remove, I believe you have to take the cover off the clutch housing and then there are additional bolts inside to remove it from the side cover.

I need to make more posts before I can pm. I pulled the cover and it looks in good condition. ill work on the posts and get back to you. thanx

What a coincidence. "Set it 0.003" on the intake and 0.004" on the exhaust then."....Hey rmm, I'm rebuilding a gx200. I found a .016" metal head gasket. can I use this to boost compression. Just set the lash to what you stated on another thread about a gx160?