What are some cheaper modifications I can do to my DB?

I just ordered my kit from Chris the other day and I expect it to be here in a couple of days and I wanted to know what else I can do to my engine right now to make it a little faster and more dependable? My buddy and I already removed the governor from it.

I was thinking about getting this from AGK: affordablegokarts: Bolt-On Kit 1
I don't know what options to get for it but I was thinking the UNI filter, 90, and I'm not sure about the header. Maybe the mini bike one, I don't know.

I was also thinking about doing some cheap minor things like synthetic oil, and premium gas. I already have the tires at like 21psi. I think I'll want to get some type of new brakes as well.

What do yinz suggest?

irate

The lvl 1 kit comes with enough to start with. I would just spring for 92, then you dont have to worry about it running lean in cold weather; not sure if you plan on running it in cold weather... You may want to add the 140 e-tube on to that order as long as you're paying the shipping

Also, if you are considering the header and you have access/own a welder, just get their diy 90 degree header(link) and cut the stock muffler off and use the ~3" of pipe coming up to the muffler to connect it to the engine. (See attached)

affordablegokarts: Header Tube, DIY, Straight

If you are getting that bigger jet you might as well regap your spark plug. I set mine to 0.045" and have no trouble, however I am also running the arc billet flywheel with the stronger magnet... You could regap it and if she won't work just tap her back to stock gap.

i

The lvl 1 kit comes with enough to start with. I would just spring for 92, then you dont have to worry about it running lean in cold weather; not sure if you plan on running it in cold weather... You may want to add the 140 e-tube on to that order as long as you're paying the shipping

Also, if you are considering the header and you have access/own a welder, just get their diy 90 degree header(link) and cut the stock muffler off and use the ~3" of pipe coming up to the muffler to connect it to the engine. (See attached)

affordablegokarts: Header Tube, DIY, Straight

If you are getting that bigger jet you might as well regap your spark plug. I set mine to 0.045" and have no trouble, however I am also running the arc billet flywheel with the stronger magnet... You could regap it and if she won't work just tap her back to stock gap.

i
I don't know if I will be riding in the winter or not. Probably not. The reason I said the 90 is because that is what they recommend. I don't know what the 140 e-tube is. I don't have access to a welder. Do yinz think I should buy a better spark plug?

I just ordered my kit from Chris the other day and I expect it to be here in a couple of days and I wanted to know what else I can do to my engine right now to make it a little faster and more dependable? My buddy and I already removed the governor from it.

I was thinking about getting this from AGK: affordablegokarts: Bolt-On Kit 1
I don't know what options to get for it but I was thinking the UNI filter, 90, and I'm not sure about the header. Maybe the mini bike one, I don't know.

I was also thinking about doing some cheap minor things like synthetic oil, and premium gas. I already have the tires at like 21psi. I think I'll want to get some type of new brakes as well.

What do yinz suggest?
Do not over hold it wide open for to long with governor removed or you risk damage to your motor,If you insist,you should update your connecting rod and your flywheel or you will surely be disappointed:scared::scared::scared:

Octane is not a measure of the energy in gas but its resistance to detonation. High octane fuels actually burn a little slower then the lower octanes. If your engine is not built for the high octane stuff, such as high compression, advanced timing, etc then you will actual loose some power. This has been proven on the dyno time and again. If your engine is basically stock run 87 and you will be fine.

Octane is not a measure of the energy in gas but its resistance to detonation. High octane fuels actually burn a little slower then the lower octanes. If your engine is not built for the high octane stuff, such as high compression, advanced timing, etc then you will actual loose some power. This has been proven on the dyno time and again. If your engine is basically stock run 87 and you will be fine.
Thanks. What about synthetic oil and a new spark plug? Are they worth it?

irate

140 e tube

A 140 e-tube is an emulsion tube from a gx140 honda engine. An emulsion tube is used to mix the gasoline and air that goes into the engine for combustion. What a 140 e tube does is mix the gas and air so the mixture is more efficient at low rpm, thereby giving you more low end power.

affordablegokarts: GX140 Emulsion Tube

Installation is easy, the emulsion tube sits right behind the main jet; when you remove the main jet it usually falls out. I didn't put one in my minibike because I am not looking for low end, I would rather like to keep my butt on the seat and off the ground...

i