What battery should I use??

novadose74

I have a Tecumseh 6.0 hp powersport with electric start and alternator. What size battery should I use for the bike? I will be running :
Headlight
Taillight
Brake light
Horn
Directionals with blinker
Electric start
Thanks, any suggestions would really be appreciated. Tom

I guess you could use a generic 12V small ATV battery. I always use 10Ah lawn mower batteries. They last a couple more years because they're so oversized but you can't run them dead and expect the motor to charge them...you WILL fry something.

novadose74

Thanks . It has a headlight n taillight since those pics. I want to have a full electric system before winter. I drew up a schematic I will be posting soon to see if will work. Tom

Thanks . It has a headlight n taillight since those pics. I want to have a full electric system before winter. I drew up a schematic I will be posting soon to see if will work. Tom
I have a 6.5 greyhound that doesn't have charging coils. I bought a 2.5" CIM motor and I plan to run it as a generator off a sprocket behind the CVT on my gokart. The sprocket would take the place of the spacer between the engine and the fixed drive face. I just need to design a regulator for it. If the motor has enough torque to turn over the engine it'll double as a starter. I plan to undertake this project in the winter.