What Connie is this?

I scored a nice K & S Hornet Deluxe today and will post pics in another thread when my camera gets back from CA. (Its with my wife). Its basically a roller but it has an old Continental Engine bolted on that I was told was a 1944 army motor. Having had a Superflea, I know this is a Connie and older than the one I had. It has a rope start and here are the numbers: SN. Z20512, Spec # 825 and Mod # AU8B. I can't seem to find any info on the net. Any ideas?

Fred

They are tough to date. The AU8 is 8 C.I. How many head bolts are there, 6 or 7? I'm still looking for one for my Simplex.
If you read through some of the vintage 1/4 midget sites you can get some good info.

:thumbsup: Nice find.

Randy this one has a 7 bolt head. It even has the original round knob throttle control and it looks like a manual governor control or possibly spark advance. It is really a cool looking little motor. I have been looking on the 1/4 midget pages since I posted and there is a lot of good info. If I decide to part with this I will pm you first. After all I think I owe you one.:thumbsup:
Fred

After all I think I owe you one.:thumbsup:
Fred
Seeing those kids all geared up was "payment" enough.
I did get to check out richs's Flea. His has a "Red Seal" with a lighting coil. That bike is awesome. I never realized how small the Flea was until I actually seen it.
Here's a 7 c.i.d that I got. This one has a 5/8 pto and no lighting coil "of course"...... I figured I'll be patient and eventually find something a little more correct.

Dick DeBuse

It's a mid 50s 3 hp engine. 2.25" bore. One version of these was used on David Bradley (Sears) garden tractors. The Saf-T-Vu air cleaners are in demand since the plastic usually became brittle and cracked. The later model "square block" engines have larger bores and more hp (up to 7 hp).