What else do you collect?

vwfan79

I collect VW toys, I have a few hundred most of which are in original packaging. I found a lot of them at local stores like target and Walmart and such but I do have some old ones and ones from Germany. I try to find unique and hard to find ones but never turn down a cheap hot wheels or Johnny lighting from the local super market. One of my favorite things to find are multiple car packs of all VWs. I also like anything old with a motor, I've really started getting in to old and unique tractors.

pomfish

Great thread!

For me it's Slot cars (over 1000), Old Oil cans (the big 5 gallon ones), Any old Auto stuff (Sun dwell meters, Battery Chargers,etc.) Old Craftsman tool boxes, Old Coolers, and finally my latest love, High powered LED Flashlights.
Currently well over 100 flashlights and rising.

Thanks!
Keith

Coins, WWII militaria, antiques, guns, knives, books, and any other cool crap I come across and then get more of. Like antique railroad lanterns. All of a sudden, I have 6 of them..

I collect alot of stuff like you guys do but one odd thing Iv been collecting is key chains. Whenever i go to the junk yard I grab all the nice ones. Get home clean them up and throw them a box. I want to make a wall display to hang them all on. the hard part will be finding the wall space in my crazy room :laugh:

45t

Cars/Trucks for me. I'm just turning 40 and have had about 40 cars since I got my first one at the age of 14. Mostly vintage cars/trucks, got heavy into Mopars for awhile and now GM stuff. I'm getting ready to get another classic within the next few weeks. That will make two new cars for just this year. :doah:

I got heavy into building pinewood derby cars in the last 2 years since my son has been in scouts. Did a lot of research on how to make a piece of wood go fast. :laugh: At least it got me some nice wood working tools for the garage? :rolleyes:

pomfish

Do ex-wives count ??? :doah:

Other than that I collect vinyl albums :devil2:
You got any Half Speed Masters LP's?

I worked at a record store for 7 years and my only regret is not buying more of the Half Speed ones, they sound sooo much better and are very thick so there is less factory warp age.

Also have a couple Quad albums, but mainly late 70' and 80's Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. Somewhere around 800 albums I think.

Also Used to get demo pre release stuff from my oldest Sister who worked for a division of Billboard magazine in the 90's.

My wife is always one me, "Why don't you go through your albums and sell some" But the record stores/collectors still don't want to give you squat for them. BUT if you go into their store, then the records are suddenly rare and worth 5 times the amount they offer. Funny how that works.
But, prices are finally turning the corner and coming up. I'm still sitting on them, they aren't going to suddenly re-issue classic vinyl. And if they do, bend over:)
Thanks,

Keith