What is everybody's top speed?

I'm just curious as to what speeds others are able to achieve. I've got a Ducar 212 with jet, air intake, pipe, billet fly wheel, torque converter, and a 53t rear sprocket. I can usually come right under 55, runs a little quicker on a cold day. :scooter::scared:

Sprocket86

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Post an intro in the new members section and introduce yourself.

I've never measured my overall top speed but I'm guessing I've hit close to 35-38 mph on my higher horsepower (5hp+) Tav2 equipped machines.

For me, it's not how fast it will go..it's how hard it pulls and for how long!

My 141 cc 2 stroke Sprocket mini with a Tav2 pulls the hardest of them all.

So far only 27.8 MPH on my stock geared coleman CT200U with governor modified to hit around 4,800 to 5K. Motor is fully modified but kept governor for now to limit RPM. Might keep governor so I don't burn belts on the torque converter once I install it. Also nice to be able to adjust top speed if I let the kids in the family ride it.

A couple of mine will go 46 mph with a GPS but they aren't geared for top end, they are geared for acceleration.
Gearing for top speed gives you slow acceleration. A slow out of the hole minibike just isn't fun to me.
JMO
Danford1

Sears Drover 3.5HP side Popper = Faster than I want to fall off it.
Ruttman 5.0HP HS50 = Faster than I want to fall off it.

Seriously, I geared them for pulling power more than top speed. I have lots of hilly grass and woods to ride so I need power. I will do the same with my Trail Bronc.

Mike T

Sears Drover 3.5HP side Popper = Faster than I want to fall off it.
Ruttman 5.0HP HS50 = Faster than I want to fall off it.

Seriously, I geared them for pulling power more than top speed. I have lots of hilly grass and woods to ride so I need power. I will do the same with my Trail Bronc.

Mike T
Ha I hear ya man, past about 5mph falling becomes much less appealing :laugh:

I am kind of glad that 45 people did not respond to this thread that they are driving at 55 miles per hour on the side streets around their home. High speeds on a mini bike can be very damaging when you hit the ground.

My question is similar but different: At what speed, if any, does your bike start to death wobble?

I am kind of glad that 45 people did not respond to this thread that they are driving at 55 miles per hour on the side streets around their home. High speeds on a mini bike can be very damaging when you hit the ground.

My question is similar but different: At what speed, if any, does your bike start to death wobble?
I don't know about death wobble but an old arco I have at about 25 the engine takes over the clutch and it gets scary [emoji23] that's why kill switches are on everything [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

VT-8 Super Broncs are supposed to top off at about 45mph. I just doubled the horsepower, and increased the final drive ratio from about 1:7 to 1:5. Haven't tested it yet, but I am curious how it will handle.

VT-8 Super Broncs are supposed to top off at about 45mph. I just doubled the horsepower, and increased the final drive ratio from about 1:7 to 1:5. Haven't tested it yet, but I am curious how it will handle.
I’ll see your 16hp and raise you 2 with my 18hp on mine.