What Is It?

So what, I'm a Birdman?? It looks like one of the first Golden Pintos. It has the ARCO/Lil Indian rear mounts and the small single tab for the steering head. Not good for rough riding. The steering head works back at the bottom til the bottom tree cuts into the frame, if it's rode hard on rough roads or trails. I have 4 Duck/Drover frames with that style brace, and 3 of them have had that happen. 2 of them didn't have bent forks, so it wasn't from crashing.

Ok I looked at pictures of the Golden Pintos and the frame and forks/handlebars look the same. Did they build these this way with the different rear mounts for the wheels?

gbones

So what, I'm a Birdman?? It looks like one of the first Golden Pintos. It has the ARCO/Lil Indian rear mounts and the small single tab for the steering head. Not good for rough riding. The steering head works back at the bottom til the bottom tree cuts into the frame, if it's rode hard on rough roads or trails. I have 4 Duck/Drover frames with that style brace, and 3 of them have had that happen. 2 of them didn't have bent forks, so it wasn't from crashing.
i deff consider you the man when it comes to birds/sears etc. you really know your stuff:thumbsup:

Ok I looked at pictures of the Golden Pintos and the frame and forks/handlebars look the same. Did they build these this way with the different rear mounts for the wheels?
Yep, 2 different kinds of rear mounts and 3 different neck bracing. Yours is the earliest type.

Thanks for the help identifying it, I appreciate the help. Once I get the engine mounted on my other Bird, I guess I'll start on this one! One can never have too many projects!

Thanks for the photo, thats definately the same frame, I didn't realize they used the disc brake setups that long ago. It's good to know all the parts on it are original to the minibike.Thaks for everyones help identifying it,next step is a repaint and new wheel bearings.