What is this?

They aren't bad bikes really.. It doesn't look like twisted cracked and crashed.. A seat and gas tank shouldn't be hard to come up with.. If it has the lighting option, headlights aren't hard to find.. It could be a Heat too.. Those just have a plastic pretend gas tank for looks.. They usually have the smaller motor, no lights, no torque convertors..

TAV is just what Comet called their torque convertor drive system.. the TAV (Torque-A-Vertor) then they redesigned em a little in the 70's and came up with the TAV-II ..TAV means it has variable speed belt driven snowmobile style clutches.. They start out in super low torquing gear, and once the bike is up to speed, end up in about %115 overdrive..

The china bikes just have a chinese copy cat of the Comet TAV 2 clutches..

Last edited:
Thanks Restore Kid! Yes it has what used to be a front light. The guy I got it from put a 6.5 predator on it. I assumed the tank was real. I wouldn't mind if I put a fake tank for looks. Just fixing it up for me to ride around here so not concerned about it being all original... just kinda want to make it my own I guess!

Thanks everyone very helpful!

They're plate mounted jackshafts. 2:1. And the tanks were fake on the Warriors and Heats. Heats were black and Warriors were green. There were other names for them sold other places.