what kidd of classic car do you have lets go all original

125ccCrazy

Okay, I hope I'm not going off-topic here but the suspense has been killing me. I know we don't do MBOTM anymore, no big deal. But on the March 2009 MBOTM I can't identify the car behind the minibike. Any help here?
Australian XA Falcon or a XA GT.... Australian version of a Fairlane/Torino

here is a few pictures of my 1967 RS/SS convertible that my daughter and I pulled from a junk yard and rebuilt about 20 years ago (it is time to refresh it again)
the car is the ultimate sleeper,with its zzz crate motor m22 trans and 4 wheel disc 2speed 9" ford rear end
( I drive this car to work every day )

here is a few pictures of my 1967 RS/SS convertible that my daughter and I pulled from a junk yard and rebuilt about 20 years ago (it is time to refresh it again)
the car is the ultimate sleeper,with its zzz crate motor m22 trans and 4 wheel disc 2speed 9" ford rear end
( I drive this car to work every day )
Nice 1st Gen. Glad to hear you recovered her back when and have been enjoying all these years.

richs

this is a picture of my 69 comaro I kept a smallblock in it becouse it has factory ac but I built a 383 and it has a ford 9" rear out of a 69 couger I also have my car from highschool its a 70 couger xr7 convertable with a 351 cleavland

this is a picture of my 69 comaro I kept a smallblock in it becouse it has factory ac but I built a 383 and it has a ford 9" rear out of a 69 couger I also have my car from highschool its a 70 couger xr7 convertable with a 351 cleavland
I have an empty garage bay where that would look sweet.:smile:

richs

I need another garage im renting a 2 car and I have the model t in one side and the rafters and otherside are full of mini +I have 6 more minis and a 70 couger at my wifes moms and 5 more here at my house this crap is a addiction for sure

This was up in Watkins Glen last September
the watkins glen vintage gran prix :thumbsup: That was taken at the top of the glen right? I look forward to that even every year. Although the last few years have been so so as far as car attendence. Still an awesome day

65ShelbyClone

I know I've posted these before, but, meh.

Current:
'68 Mustang, roller 302, Holley 650DP, Weiand X-Celerator, Edelbrock Performer 60379s, Crane Energizer 2031, '93 Cobra 1.7 rockers, Hooker Comps, 2.5" side-exits & h-pipe, McLeod scattershield, Ram clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Toploader 4-spd, and a 1957 9" rear w/3.50 T-lok. Big thing now is to get some corner-carving suspension and Granada brakes under it....and maybe some Minilite wheels.

'84 Mustang SVO, E6SE turbo manifold, water-cooled CHRA, some kind of aftermarket exhaust, otherwise mostly stock. I've been tempted to sell it because parts are getting really hard to find, but I know I'll regret it if I do. It's so much fun to drive...

Hi Jeep2003!
I always wondered who made that(your) video. Now I know. You were standing in the perfect spot.
That hill is awesome for really getting on it! I wish I had some video of my car screaming up that hill. If you want, I will take you for a spin around the old course next year.
One of my uncles lives in Vestal.
JB ;)

richs

Id like to get one of those cobra kits I have a 428 police intercepter and a 4 speed top loader out of a 67 fairlane eather that or a 56 ford f100

65ShelbyClone

That SVO looks nice!
Thanks! One of 2060 total black SVOs produced and one of 1388 black SVOs produced in '84. Not surprising seeing as how 1/2 of all the SVOs built were '84s and 1/3 of all were painted black. It's also an early production car made prior to 12/83 as evidenced by (not visible) slapper traction bars. After 12/83 they all had the less effective quad shocks.

I found a picture of the engine that went into my '68. It started out as a virgin 302 roller block(remember when those were available?) and it spent some time in my '89GT. I replaced it with the stock 5.0HO when I sold the GT and it went on a stand until I got the '68. I figure it's good for ~330bhp.

Here's a past classic I once had:

Came a long way, huh?

It had a 289, Holley 600DP, Weiand X-Celerator, I forget what cam, 5.0HO heads, Hooker Comps, Toploader 4-spd, Lincoln Versailles disc brake 9" rear, and 31 spline axles with a 3.50 T-Lok. Surprisingly, it also had factory Kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes. I don't think it was originally a GT, but it was the next best thing.

I also just realized the thread title said "all original." Oops, I guess even the SVO doesn't count for that. :doah:

Last edited: