what kidd of classic car do you have lets go all original

'67 Tempest Conv - Needs paint and interior to finish.
'69 Trans Am clone race car project - Have tons of cool parts for it.
'73 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4
'75 Jeep Wagoneer

Also pretty much have this '48 Willys that my dad had when I was a kid. Was a pickup. When I was about 8 years old him and a buddy switched it over to a wagon. I remember his buddy living in the middle of an orchard, and I was riding the minibike in the orchard on the weekends that they worked on the Willys. That thing would outclimb anything bar none in those days.

It had a 327 Chevy, Muncie 4 spd, and 5.38 gears

He'll never do anything with it, so it'll be my preoject some day. We have 2 different front ends for it too. One is the "Teardrop" front end.

Willys are cool old trucks/wagons, My great grandfather on my mother side worked for Willys Overland here in Toledo back in the day, Thats all he ever drove was Willys and Jeeps until the day he died.

markus

currently I have a 1963 Volkswagen single cab which is all stock still:

I drive it as is, was going to work on it but I'm pretty much burned out on building cars right now so I've been trying to sell it

I also have what now qualifies as a classic 1988 Volkswagen Westfalia, which is a tourist delivery model. So it got to drive around Europe seeing the sites for a couple months before it got shipped over here, I wish I could have been the one to do that! Instead we just try to get out overy now and again and tour the southeast:

I sold this '63 beetle to buy the single cab, it was a "stock" rebuild but I did install a warmed over 1600 becuase I used it as a daily driver, Its was alot of fun to pass people on the highway @75-80 in that car (spartan trailer is gone now too:sadcrying4:)!

Wayne, I'm jealous, But I had a few "gems" back in the day myself! 1961 Rambler classic super (327 V8 mated to a 727 torqueflight w/pushbutton shift and torque tube drive line) They only produced like 2100 of them with V8's....probably because it was POS :smile: 1981 AMC Eagle SX4 hatchback, I did have a Corvair monza when I was 5, but my dad took the motor out and used it on our airboat!!!

125ccCrazy

Shoe, my 1st car was a 63 Fairlane 500 Sport Coupe, I had a 289 with a c4 in it.... The sport coupes were pretty rare due to the lowered roof and raked windshield from the factory.... I'd love to find another one..

My list since the 63 includes:

1964 Dodge Polara 383-4speed 391 posi
72 Lemans with a GTO front clip, .030 350-auto
75 dodge van (short version) 1969 340 with a 727 trans
75 pinto (laugh if you must LOL) built 4 cyl, big valve head, 2 barrel carb, 4 speed
1969 Dodge dart 340-4speed
1966 Dodge Coronet 440, tunnel ram, dual quads, 727 with 3500 stall, 430 gears
1980 Chevy monza coupe with a cammed up 238 -4 speed
1977 Buick road hawk (skyhawk) cammed up 305 with a 5 speed
1981 Ford F100 (frame up resto) with a 440 Chrysler, dual quads, 727 trans, 3500 stall, 411 posi
last one was a 1940 Chevy 2dr sedan that I started a frame up but lost interest and funds with being layed off half of the last two years so it was sold in August.

I've had other cars inbetween these but these were the most note worthy or fun cars I had over the years.

Below is my F100 with the 440

125ccCrazy

Looks great. But the Ford/Mopar combo is a little unusual. How did you arrive at that?
Well I started on the truck in 1992 for my brother with doing the frame off resto, long story short, he gave up on it and in 1996 I got the truck, it needed an engine so one day my buddy and myself were looking at the empty frame, I told him I gotta find an engine and my buddy said "why not a 440? you Like Mopars"... I looked it over, decided I could make one fit and the rest is history LOL... It was pretty easy conversion until the wiring, it took me about a week to figure out what wires I needed from the truck harness to splice into the Mopar electronic ignition and charging system, starter ect... once I figured it out everything worked like it should....

One other car I had was a 1969 Plymouth Valiant with a 440, twin 600's, fenderwell headers, 727 trans, 3500 stall, 8 3/4 posi with 456 gears, 29/15.5-15 Mickey Thompsons under the rear, 6 point bar.... that was a fun car...

those are all some nice rides boys:thumbsup:

Mine are all projects right now in one stage or another.

Pride & Joy 1953 chevrolet bell air, 2nd owner since 1986
1971 Jeepster comando, needs motor, and some body work finished.
1987 vw cabriolet, not really a classic but getting there, 2L 16v engine, full suspension drop, custome interior, just needs the paint
1981 vw pickup caddy, 2L motor, need to paint the tailgate.
1969 vw full pan dune buggy, 1900cc motor, full on project, needs complete assm. no pics of it, it lives under a tarp in shame right now:sadcrying4:
1958 tempo progress scooter

heres my all original (including paint)66 SS396 chevelle

Holy crap dude that is sweet! Love the black on black. I've wanted to get a vintage muscle car for awhile, unfortunately most are butchered, and original rides like yours are no longer out there unless you got the $$$. Thats one sweet rolling retirement plan you have!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::drool::thumbsup:

here's another one i forgot about. it's a '65 bug that was my first car (got it at 15).

these pics are from years after it was sold and i saw it on CL (sold to a friend after the engine blew, he sold it, then that person sold it and the next owner was the one selling it on CL). the only things done after i sold it are the wheels (i had the same but black) and the stinger. i talked to the guy that was selling it and it was definitely the same car.

yeah, the pics suck. i stole them from the CL ad.

Here's mine. Waiting patiently until I have the time and money to do a full restoration. 1969 Buick Sportwagon 400 that originally had a big block 400. I have a 455 big block set to slip in.

Tom

delray

start with my high school car. when i graduate high school that same summer i had my 74 nova repaint with a full new GM left quarter panel put on. that i could still buy from GM for only $260. and at the same time i built a 1973 large oval port 454 engine. heads where ported with ss valves, double springs, 3/8 push rods,crane fireball cam,new750 double pumper,mallory ignition,geardrive,etc..muncie 4speed.....everything. things where great at that time. full time job with coke cola. no big bills,just money to put into the car. from there on all my cars that i built had big block engines. that car was crazy to drive with my little 14 inch ralleys or i should say i was crazy driving it:1orglaugh::doah:BACK IN THE 80'S WE CALLED THAT A SLEEPER!
i see the original topic was on all original classic's. i had some nice sunday drivers too,but who wants to see that when you got big blocks to show..ha..ha.. really i like them all:thumbsup:and it's nice to see we have new members that are into cars:smile:

after learning how to paint real good and building engines. i got into doing frame off cars and showing them.
1972 RS PRO STREET CAMARO

1958DELRAY

1978 GMC

Okay, I hope I'm not going off-topic here but the suspense has been killing me. I know we don't do MBOTM anymore, no big deal. But on the March 2009 MBOTM I can't identify the car behind the minibike. Any help here?