What model Rupp do I have?

jmbmini

I think the foot pegs were removed and cruiser bars added and the splash shield is not original. But here is a break down of what it looks like.

It's not a Chopper.. I owned a Rupp service dealers manual for a while. (evilbayed it like an idiot) But it had a whole line up color brochures of the 60's line of mini's... The choppers and Banshees were both the same frame. It is the basic alexander reynolds frame. They came as a kit you could assemble your self so this bike is OBVIOUSLY not an Alexander Reynolds stick built square frame... YEAH footpegs was another thing that threw me.. SEAMS like even if someone re located them, you would see signs of the originals still left behind. No Suspension on the front is kind weird too... I MYSELF if I had to guess would say Rupp Digger but that doesn't sound right EITHER being those had no jack shaft and were simple BUT I'm pretty damn sure they all had Front suspension.... I should ask that guy to sell me the Mini Bike stuff BACK because he was Goofy For Snowmobiles and I GUARANTEE he has never looked at the mini bike stuff.... I think it is either all kinds of hacked on, forks replaced and all... OR maybe some kind of Manco, Powerdyne type remake... :doah: BUT what the hell do I know? lol... That's my guess.. I DO KNOW for a fact it is not a Rupp Chopper because those are Alexander Reynolds frames... You don't want a chopper unless it STILL HAS all the correct Rupp stuff stickers and all, just to prove it's rarity.. Your frame is BY FAR the superior machine.. :punk:

The foot pegs aren't original and the front forks take the shock boots. Could it be a 350? It does have a frame badge that you can barely make out half the numbers. I do know that the splash guard isn't original. Some Idiot thought they new how to weld and put it on there and it's going to be a pain to take off. I knew this thing was rare but I have never heard of a Rupp chopper.

The choppers and Banshees were both the same frame. It is the basic alexander reynolds frame. They came as a kit you could assemble your self so this bike is OBVIOUSLY not an Alexander Reynolds stick built square frame. YEAH footpegs was another thing that threw me.. SEAMS like even if someone re located them, you would see signs of the originals still left behind.... That's my guess.. I DO KNOW for a fact it is not a Rupp Chopper because those are Alexander Reynolds frames... You don't want a chopper unless it STILL HAS all the correct Rupp stuff stickers and all, just to prove it's rarity..
What are you talking about? The Rupp Chopper/Banshee has nothing to do with A/R, two totally different frame styles, and companys.
And anyone competent with a grinder can remove footpegs (or anything else for that matter) without leaving any "signs of the originals left behind":grind:

lol.. I've noticed most people don't care about making them look perfect when cobbling up old mini bikes.. And the Rupp service manual showed them as a kit you can get that is pretty much just like any of the box frame Reynolds bikes.. Just like the Goat TT type frames were the same as Lil Indian..

HM!! And I think you're right about the A.R thing.. I just got to looking and, the square engine deck looks about the same but the rest is different.. I seen a couple guys write into Evilbay saying they were AR frames and I never thought much of it... but looking at one now, yeah DEFINITELY not the same... :doah: See what ya get for lstening to people? HAHA!!

On a positive note, that 350 exploded view looks pretty exact huh? Nice color you found for it. That bike is gonna be sharp. I will try to remember to find you that gas tank out there today. I need to pull a motor anyways. I am just dreading the 14 degrees in the barn. :mad2: Friggin hate winters in MI... at least theres no 2 foot drifts between here and there.

richs

its a continental it is the older one becouse it doesent have a jackshaft the tag is under the seat and the two small holes are so you can mount a battery for lights there is a set of used fork lowers on ebay rite now that might be good enough to get you up and going

I think someone is off there meds right know. He's been going crazy all over this site. Likes to answer him self a lot or the voices in his head, one or the other.

I guess the exploded view of the Rupp with the years and models the frame was used wasn't good enough. Your welcome! And the fellow that has a answer for everything including his own questions get it together. Or call 1-800-Intervention. LOL

george3

From what I heard. The rupp 350, early cont. and late cont. all the same roller. late cont. has the jack-shaft mounts added. prob. a different engine size as well. If this is true just ad the jackshaft if wanted, and a engine of choise. you might have to go with the serial no. to make it oem. Does the plate say the model?

One thing different from my Continental is the motor pan on yours and in the pictures is a large on piece pan and mine is two small piece that span between the frame rails like the 68-69 bikes. I,m not sure on all the variations on the Continentals. It would be nice to have picture of the bikes from 63-67 on the Rupps. I have a couple of picture of Hard tail Continental and one custom, I got of ebay.