Whats the model number of the original tecumseh 10 hp on a super bronc

So I was gonna buy a bare bronc frame from a guy for 60 bucks but the deal fell through. While talking to my neighbor about it he told me where one may be sitting just down the road in a barn. Well I checked out this lead and I found a complete bike minus the motor struck a deal with the guy and got it for a hundred. So stoked right now. :biggrin: I know they came with a tecumseh 10hp motor but what is the model number of that motor to keep it original?

capguncowboy

It depends on which model Bronc you had. The one I got for TheJoker recently has an HM80, but it's a Super Bronc VT8 model bike.

I think the VT10 would have had the 10 Horse. HH100 was reserved for commercial applications, so I think it was the HM100. I would wait for more info before you went with that though.

From the research I did on my Bronc, it was a VT-8 now a 10, the motor was a HM100. There are 2 different versions of the VT-10 that I've seen, one uses a plate bolted to the engine for the clutch and has the chain on the left side and the other uses a jackshaft with the chain on the right, I think that one is called a VT-1040, possibly using a 40 series clutch.

Call this guy- Powertec

I think his name is Ron, he used to work at the factory where they were made. He has a lot of parts still and the assembly sheets that are a great help.

Tink

Call this guy- Powertec

I think his name is Ron, he used to work at the factory where they were made. He has a lot of parts still and the assembly sheets that are a great help.
Ron is great and has been a big help to me!

An HH 100 with the funky solid state pick-up pin type coil can be costly to replace one on.
Been there and would avoid one going forward.
The end around paying big for a stock coil is not much better but is cheaper depending on source..

Last edited: