Where were they made?

Motra

Just a curiosity, but where were these mini bikes made? City? State? Country? Any stories?
Here in Utah we can lay claim to the first off-road trail bike (or trail scooter as some call them), the Tote Gote. They were made in Provo by the Bonham Co. They made many models including the Mini Gote, which was their mini bike. The Blazer trail bikes were made here in Salt Lake City. The guy who started Blazer was the first Tote Gote sales manager who, after seeing the potential of this type of machine, left Bonham to start his own manufacturing facility.

Last edited:

Motra

Any! I had just read the history of the Mustang motorcycle, my latest addition, and thought a little history of any of the minis might be cool, especially if there are any hometown stories or people who worked for the manufacturer or anything like that.
The Mustang was built in Glendale, CA from 1946 to 1963. The off-road "Trail Machine" wasn't produced until 1961.

OK let me take a deep breath for this one! ........Rupps and Speedways were made in Mansfeild Ohio. Spedways were started by ex Rupp employees! The Ruttmans and Lil Indians were made in Michigan, not sure what town? The Bonanza's, Taco's, Powell challenger's, i know were made in California, not sure what towns? The Hondas obviously made in japan. There are alot of weird brands around that some were made here and there. Not a expert but i know alittle.