Which Predator??

MKW

Looking on the Harbor Freight websight, there are 2 different Predator 6.5hp engines. One is part # 69730 and the other is 69727. What is the difference and which one is better for a mini??

Thanks.

MKW

So, nobody knows the difference in the two part numbers?? I can't see a difference in the descriptions. :shrug:

Mike

RCB19

The only difference is the 69727 is set up to run very lean in order to pass Calif emission requirements. If you plan on running your engine completely stock then buy the 69730. It runs much better in stock form. If you plan on doing some mods to the engine right away then it really doesnt matter which one you buy because you will most likely be re-jetting the carb or replacing it with a performance version.

out of those two choices, I would get the 69730... the 727's tank is different it would appear and i can take a pic tomorrow of both tanks if you want... that is about the only notable difference that i could tell... but it came in handy when fitting it in my nephews doodlebug frame...

I ordered the wrong one when I ordered mine, as far as I can tell after replacing the jet in the carb and installing a header/intake setup it doesn't matter which one you have. I do know theres this weird gas tank breather thing on the gas tank of the cali predator that the regular predator doesn't have.

I ordered the wrong one when I ordered mine, as far as I can tell after replacing the jet in the carb and installing a header/intake setup it doesn't matter which one you have. I do know theres this weird gas tank breather thing on the gas tank of the cali predator that the regular predator doesn't have.
yes the 727 has the evap or watever on the tank and the tank is taller, the box is taller it comes in too... the 730, the better tank, without no canister... but other than that, they appear to be the same... ive had both in the garage recently (still have the tanks and one bike with the 730 in it)... for that alone, i would get the 730 over the 727... even if you didnt want to use the tank on em, you could get a few bucks back selling it... or keep it to the side, in case you could use it for something else down the line

i have both boxes in the garage and have verified tat one is CARB and the other not, the CARB box (69727) is taller too...lol... but the tank is def taller and has the emissions stuff on it...

when ordered online, seems as if you get the regular one, even if shipped to CA... when in side the HF, they only have 727s

the 730 fits inside the stock doodlebug frame nicely (without the engine adapter), but the 727 seems to be a little taller...

730 in a doodlebug frame

727 in a bonanza

Last edited:
On the cali predator after installing an intake adapter the bottom hose coming out of the evaporator will be just hanging..on mine I cut it short and put a small 22mm breather filter on the end of the hose and bolted the little plastic cover back on.

I know this is an old discussion but have an odd question!

With the 69727 Predator, is it just the tank that is different to the 69730? Or is the carby different as well? I have an external fuel tank on mini bike and was planning stage 1 mod with exhaust and cold air intake/re-jet carby.