Which Taco?

Hey all, new to the forum and to mini bikes.

My Dad has an old Taco sitting the the attic, and recently when we were cleaning out the garage we found a box of parts for it so we thought we might restore it but we haven't completely decided yet. I have read enough to know is it a late 60's early 70's because of the mid fork springs, am I correct? The parts may look rough but they mostly are dusty/dirty. Plus I have access to a blasting cabinet and a sandblaster so if the need be I can clean pretty much anything. Any way thanks for the help.

:EDIT: What HP engine should I be looking for? I have a few project Briggs in the attic and they are 3HP I think.

HT

Last edited:
I can't find the serial number. the bottom tub is pretty scuffed up so it could be worn down.

My dad just told me the front forks are newer than the frame because he said that long ago his friend ran into a cement wall bending the forks so they were replaced with newer ones. No clue as to the year though.

HT

I live in Michigan and am not so much of a Taco expert but most were either a two stroke or Briggs and Stratton 5 horse. I think the two strokes were the older bikes. I may have a shroud or even complete engine to make a 1967 Briggs 5 horse that would say it is a 1967 minibike motor in the number coding. :shifty:

I may have a shroud or even complete engine to make a 1967 Briggs 5 horse that would say it is a 1967 minibike motor in the number coding. :shifty:
Cool, my dad said he had a 3 HP briggs in it but when we get it finished we think we will take the old 5 HP briggs off one our unused go-karts and stick it on there for more performance.

HT