White Knuckle Scramble 2014 - minibike & kart racing

Come on that was a stock harbor freight engine with a carb and air filter.
Safety should be a first priority good tires brakes and safety equipment .
Different classes worked for everybody last year.
Modified clone and modified flathead keeps it even for all .
And remember its about having fun .

1stBxMopar

Come on that was a stock harbor freight engine with a carb and air filter.
Safety should be a first priority good tires brakes and safety equipment .
Different classes worked for everybody last year.
Modified clone and modified flathead keeps it even for all .
And remember its about having fun .
Stock ???? oooooooK :rolleyes:

Hey any guys from ny area want to take the 14 hour ride the track is even smoother then the Oakland valley track . I know its a long ride but it will be fun And the Midwest folks are really Kool.
Dan you could race stock flathead ,Dan has mad riding skills too.
And they have a couple fast drag bikes that would give you a run for the money street smart.and if we get matt to come I would bet more then beer this time!

Vintage in appearance is key. Some companies make minis now based on original designs, so technically new, but look vintage. Dig? We're not terribly picky, but there is a line to be crossed. Like Cyndi Lauper, we just want to have fun.

We're not very restrictive about engines either. Clones are OK, but you can't drop in a motorcycle engine. We also do not allow transmissions. Keep it simple.

HotRodEd ran some sort of clone that he modified and pretty much cleaned up in every race. Hopefully that motivated others to build faster bikes for 2014.:biggrin: However, if you're really fast, we'll have to stick you in a separate class. We had single engine sidewinder karts that were lapping everyone in practice, so they got their own class even though there were only 4-5 of them. The same thing happened with dual engine karts and there were only 3 of them.

There are no fuel, tire, etc restrictions, but remember, you're on a minibike, not a Ducati. If the track officials think that you're having difficulty controlling your bike, or you can't control or stop it adequately, you may get pulled. Now, if you're planning on running something crazy in the drags, there may be more leeway for craziness, but you still have to demonstrate that you can stop and steer that much power. There's a guy that brings some really fast drag minibikes and is always a little disappointed at the lack of serious competition. :)
Thanks, i will definitely have to call off sick for this. I can't wait.

I didn't go to either one of the 2 events last year as I wanted,but I will be for sure this time. Anybody else from MI. thinking of making to this race?

so if there is modified clone and modified flathead classes, if i have motors for both can i run same kart in both with swapped motor??:shrug: that is if i have tires and some brakes left to continue on with haha

I doubt you'll have time between class runs to swap motors. Also, unlike last year, you'll need to pay per vehicle/class you're running, but the cost is less than last year.

We're planning on a fairly rough and loose class structure, but will be prepared to divide or merge it based on what shows up the day of the race.

Last year the classes were:
1. Minibikes 4hp and under
2. Minibikes 4.5 hp and up

We only had 2 in the 4hp class, so we ran both classes simultaneously. I think a flathead vs. modified/clone class distinction may make more sense this year.

For karts we had: 1. Rear engine, 2-stroke and 2. Rear engine, 4-stroke, but ran them together
3. Rear engine, duals & triples
4. Sidewinders

Everybody got their stuff together? I'm "Scrambling" to get ready. I'm working on an engine rebuild right now for the minibike road race. Should be awesome again this year. I'm bringing at least three bikes for the road course.

You going to be there again this year HotRodEd? I want a rematch! I wrecked and broke the rear brake lever and threw the magnet out of my ARC flywheel last year.

Top tip: Wear abrasion-resistant pants!!!! :grind:

I will Briggster only only 1 bike again this year I have another bike with a flathead but I just found a place that relines 4" brake shoes waiting on them and finishing the motor hope to have it ready for the last local illegal race in October
I have to make plates for the number 1 for my bike

I will Briggster only only 1 bike again this year I have another bike with a flathead but I just found a place that relines 4" brake shoes waiting on them and finishing the motor hope to have it ready for the last local illegal race in October
I have to make plates for the number 1 for my bike

There was only 2 bikes and 1 heat that guy had the electric bike but got spanked and he put it away if I remember correctly they were fast !