Who owns this bike ?

jeep4me

Probably you now!!

Looks like it's not all original, kinda like mine. Very nice either way. If you are buying it let me know I could pick it up for you and ship it, if you pay for my gas.

He listed it twice. He wants $800 and is pretty firm on the price. He bid on it himself which is the reason for the high bid. Anyway I offered $150 for the cover and $400 for everything minus the engine and rear wheel. I think he's mad because now he won't email me back because I must have insulted him by saying his bike is only worth $400 and stop bidding on your own stuff ! Thanks for the shipping offer. He wouldn't ship it either and I would need someone to get it and ship it if he comes to his senses, but he probably won't. I thought it would be easy to find another frame but it hasn't been. Shouldn't of sold my spare Super 8. Do you need pics of the jackshaft for your repair ?

jeep4me

I've seen a few frames (El Burro frames) for sale in the Grand Rapids area, but on two of them I was too late, one by just a few minutes. I'll keep my eye's and ears open for more and let you know if I find one. They're out there, it's just a matter of being at the right place, at the right time.

I have no problem shipping a frame to you, now that I've shipped a few other frames to different OldMiniBikes members.

Post a couple of pics of your jackshaft setup on my "Man Down.." thread. It may spark some thoughts for my rebuild. Thanks!!

I would pay the $800 if it were all original. Sorry Tom. Won't email you no more. How much gas does it use from MI to Ca ? It's the first El Burro cover I've seen so that's why I offered him so much on it. It's ripped up but will do until I can find a nicer one.

jeep4me

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!!! Wait just a minute. Are you guys kidding me.:eek:ut: Short of the malfunction mine just had, it has been one of the best mini's I've owned. Heathkit Boonie bikes would fit your description a little better. They are very cool looking but get them on a trail and you'd be lucky if the foot pegs don't break off on a sharp corner.

My Burro has got a ton of pulling power and is awesome in the snow, even with the paddle tires. Okay, the handle bar hold downs are off from old schwinns but that can be fixed easy enough.

Ive always thought the burro frames were built kinda cheesy. I suppose there COOL if you just wanna look at them:gunsmilie:
I don't to much about mini bikes(i'm learning) but man that bike's frame looks like it would snap in half, if you even looked at it wrong.I don't know maybe it's the large tires that makes the bike look that way.

Tim

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!!! Wait just a minute. Are you guys kidding me.:eek:ut: Short of the malfunction mine just had, it has been one of the best mini's I've owned. Heathkit Boonie bikes would fit your description a little better. They are very cool looking but get them on a trail and you'd be lucky if the foot pegs don't break off on a sharp corner.

My Burro has got a ton of pulling power and is awesome in the snow, even with the paddle tires. Okay, the handle bar hold downs are off from old schwinns but that can be fixed easy enough.
Yeah but isn't putting flip up foot pegs on a Boonie easier than fixing the Jack shaft, bars, or anything else that might buckle under the slightest hint of stress?

(Ducking for cover! :thefinger: )

kbs8ball

I try to stay off the trails with hardtail minis like the boonie...now my bonanza tears up the trails no problem. the boonie is a good street/parking lot cruiser. on the trails a hardtail with knock your teeth out if your not careful.

Why do you think the El Burro frame looks weak ? It appears to be well built to me but I don't weld so I may not know what I'm talking about. Read the Feb and April 1970 MBG, they say the El Burro rides nice just didn't like the clutch on the 5hp model.