Will 212 Predator fit in/on a Cat 250x frame?

Overkill, probably. Do I want to do it, yes! lol Will a predator 212 fit inside a Cat250x frame with the motor in its stock configuration? I would like to eventually put a header, and intake kits on it so those might create some space. Just want to know if can be done. Thanks.

Last edited:

45t

It'll fit, but it's tight. It's a lil too much engine for that small of bike too. My sons 250x had a Homelite 6.5hp clone in it when he got it and that thing did just over 40 mph with my 200lb butt on it. I took it off and put a 3hp briggs on it so my son could ride at a lil safer speed.

pomfish

You will want to extend the foot peg on the right hand side as the engine hangs over it pretty far and also redo the exhaust with a header so that the heat/dirt of the exhaust pipe isn't running straight into the frame rail.
I mean it's not so close stock that it will get it too hot, but it will trash the paint over time for sure.

And the other posters are right, it is way too much engine, gotta lean forward big time when taking off. But try it and find out how you like it.
I pulled the engine back off of mine and am putting it on a bigger frame bike.
HTH
Keith