Worth it?

Any running 5hp vintage bike is well worth $100

And this is a cast iron bore 5hp.
Hell those alone still go for $100 on ebay.......

I would be all over it!

Yeah i think its worth it. For that money you dont often find em runnin, especially with a "new rear main seal".LOL I would buy it. my opinion. jonnybiker

Thanks for all the replies.

Is it an old Fox(maybe a doodlebug)? because that's the only brand I could connect the handlebars to, yet the plate on the handlebars wasn't on any Fox I saw pictures of. Thanks.

Sorry I didn't say this earlier... haven't been on here in a while...

Anyways, a day or two after my most recent post in this thread I went to look at it with my dad. The guy sounded really nice on the phone. It was about an hour drive. When he came out, he said he tried to run it around earlier to make sure it was working nicely and it wasn't so he took it back to some shop where he just put a bunch of money into it or something like that. He was so sorry and he definitely didn't want to sell it to me not running good blah blah blah. He said it would be done tomorrow and he would call and he said he would drive it all the way to my house because of the mistake but we said no no, we'll drive half.

He never got back to me and I never contacted him. He probably sold it just before I came and didn't care enough to e-mail me or anything.

What a :censure: waist of 2+ hours.

delray

koolaid man, it kind of looks like older manco bike. handle bars look the same as mine,but the frame looks little different? maybe a older manco bike then my bike or newer? to bad you can't get it?
here is picture of my manco handle bars. did the handle bars have two small holes drilled in the front triple tree plate. something to look for on a manco forks. also older manco frames welded flat stock steel across the tubing for fender brackets. just like in the pictures you posted.

I've never seen an old manco mini even in pictures.

This is the closest I could find. A picture of an old streaker.

So do you have a restored old manco mini? Fill me in of you do.:wink:

delray

my manco minibike i have been changing some things on it.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/2993-great-minibiker-build-off-delray-entry.html
here is couple other pic's of some older manco's
green bike is called a pathfinder(same style as my bike)
brown primer is little different,but still a manco. still not sure the years of them 60's?

one more bike here you can see(bottom page)
MANCO MINIBIKE
like i said early the handle bars on that bike you posted look like older manco's,but frame looks different? maybe older or newer bike? maybe not a manco at all? i have just not seen to many other companys that made forks like that.

I saw the "Delray entry" when you were building it, great job on both minis.:wink:
Who knows the bike I saw on craigslist... I tried to ID it on here but no one was sure really. You're right, those handlebars are rare style. I think the old DB's had them too? For all we know the mini on craigslist could have been a mix of minibike parts, or possibly some home made or modified parts.

Koolaid, I have two old Manco's this was our first mini and started all this mess. :doah: all stock right down to the tires and how we found it. They are bigger than it looks in the pic and comfy to ride.

Last edited: