Would these carbs work for a Robin or Clone?

found it... its the 6.0hp E17 motor. i just picked up mini bike this morning with this motor in it. Anyone have any speed tricks for these motors? It has a Mikuni carb on it, stock.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It depends on the stock main jet size. Usually the original jet is a little to small and will need to be drilled or replace with a larger one.

The bigger carb usually needs a larger main jet only because it lets in so much more air then the smaller carb.

It depends on the stock main jet size. Usually the original jet is a little to small and will need to be drilled or replace with a larger one.

The bigger carb usually needs a larger main jet only because it lets in so much more air then the smaller carb.
What would you suggest I start with, what size drill bit?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
There is no spec size.

Lets say if you went with the big 27mm size carb. A lot of it will depend on your head intake port, and intake manifold size. Basically if your manifold was 27mm all the way through, and your head intake port was 27mm all the way through. You may need to run something around a #98 main jet. But most of the people I know don't run them that way. They run a much smaller manifold, maybe 24mm I.D. which changes things a lot.

The more restricted you are, the smaller main jet you will need.

You will have to know your whole setup before I can give you a good guesstimate on what you need.

i put a pz22 carb on my ex21 7 hp. i works great i hade to bore out the holes on the carb to fit the engine bolts.but it might fit your smaller engine better. and they make adaptors. i got about a #90 jet in mine