Ya don't see these often

mybiz

Picked this itty bitty jewel last night, From the pic's the seller sent me I was stumped WIT? Soon as I got there I stated my ho hums and well and of course jewing. At some time someone added the 2 extra frame down tubes.:grind:They will be coming off. And the Briggs will be placed in my junk pile.:hammer: My 1st choice for a engine is AH51 which I have, 2nd is a 3.5 Tec which I have to. This is the first Dart Cycle I've seen in person, And they are itty bitty tinny don't trip over its small.

Last edited:

mybiz

The Little Petro are tiny. This Dart Cycle measures from ground to seat a whapping 22" inches Don't care for Brigg's engines, It too is a tight fit haven't paid no attention to it I think it's a 3.5hp maybe smaller. Youed have to remove the seat to get a spark plug socket on the plug

mybiz

It's been well preserved 49 year of grease.:helpsmilie:They must have used 1 tube of grease on the jack shaft/neck/wheel hubs every time it was ridden. I used my little 1400psi power washer and got most of it off, after an hour, No rust :thumbsup: They used good primer and blue paint back in 1962..

What is the serial number on the tag? Get a picture and post it up. I'm going to be starting a full on restoration on one I picked up. Here is a little info.

Last edited:

kbs8ball

hey John I really hope that first pic you posted isnt the logo you want to do on the back of the seat? that looks complicated.

No that is the decal that goes on the chain guard. All that goes on the back of the seat is the Dart Cycle by Rupp logo which is on the brochures pictured.