Zipster Build...

Here are some more pics.

The Asuza engine mount cut to fit the frame taper.

The engine mount was boxed on both sides and has a rib underneath for rigidity.

The jackshaft bearing hangers were raised to keep the bottom of the driven pulley above the bottom rail

Next steps are to figure out the foot pegs and kickstand.

? Ok i love the bike, but it looks like the engine plate is sticking up fro the frame in the one pic, but the next pic there is a weld bead going across the frame but the plate is still in the air?

VERY COOL! I want one. Just my 2 cents. It would look cool in plum crazy purple with a schwinn metal logo on the neck a stingray logo on T/C cover and schwinn logos on each side of top tubes.

? Ok i love the bike, but it looks like the engine plate is sticking up fro the frame in the one pic, but the next pic there is a weld bead going across the frame but the plate is still in the air?
The first photo just shows the engine mount plate resting on the frame before I welded it.

I attached it in two stages. First I welded two 1/2" tall strips of 1/8" thick steel to the frame rails - these serve as the sides of the "box". Then I clamped the mount in place, and welded it to the side strips from underneath, completing the box. Thats why you don't see a weld line on the top edge of the engine mount.

In the later photos of the engine mount, the sides are there, but kind of hard to see in the photo because of the lighting.

Wow, great looking mini! I really like the continuous bend in the frame, must have cost quite a bit to have done.

I also really like the seat. Was the seat a one-off item, or did you buy it somewhere? I would like to get something similar for my build.

Zipster

Just took a sec to stop in and see your progress, Fantastic!!!!:thumbsup:
You're doing a fine work, something that you may want to keep for ever, and pass to your children, cause it was the first! Engrave your name in it, and stamp the day of completion on the neck,lol, and you, your son, and all the sons forever more will have great memories, tied to that bike!
Great Job! Now let's see some color, and let's hear how well it runs!
dave

Cool looking bike:thumbsup:
Great job I can see a sweet frame mounted gas tank and a set of fenders on it :smile:
How many hours do you have invested so far?

Tough to find time to work on the mini, but here's a few more pics...

The first TC Cover idea looked too bulky. I rounded over the edges by using a wooden form and a hammer.

Front TC pulley cover modification (inspired by Oldsalts's Caper) in progress. The rear driven pulley will be exposed.

Cover and backing plate. Still need to drill for fasteners. Thanks again to Oldsalt for fabrication tips...

Rear brake detail. The cable bracket was carved out of a piece of angle steel with a cut off wheel and a grinder.

Rear Chainguard - rescued from a trashed bicycle...

Think I may go without fenders - I'm leaning towards a simple and bare bones look...