Minibike Dirt Racing in MI. ???

There are some Eastside members that ride the Drome and and Derby Hill from time to time. There was a ride thread that mentioned that spot a few months back.

Is that brighton place at the Grand River exit off i96? i used to ride there but they got sensitive about it. you can see the trails from the highway. big sand berms, it was pretty fun.

We cut trails on our property, just finished it today. it's only a 1/2 mile loop, but it's on my property and it's really fun. Here's a video of it.
https://youtu.be/UQztYkHICmo
Yes that is exactly the place I was talking about. The big berms and hills are all still there. Do you know who owns it? I may try to go talk to them, as I live just down the road.

cfh

Used to be able to openly ride there. If you get off at the exit and turn right and then immediately right again and go down about a half mile, there was a service drive where you could park and unload the bikes. It was really quite fun. But then they build some houses and put up posted signs. You can try and find who owns it, but I’m pretty sure they don’t want you there

Used to be able to openly ride there. If you get off at the exit and turn right and then immediately right again and go down about a half mile, there was a service drive where you could park and unload the bikes. It was really quite fun. But then they build some houses and put up posted signs. You can try and find who owns it, but I’m pretty sure they don’t want you there
Yup, that service drive is where I went. I live in Howell right down the road, but my folks live like 3/4 a mile from there. The way it's situated makes it hard to tell whos property it would likely be on, since both houses near it are about 1/4 a mile from it, and about equal distance. I've NEVER seen any ATV's or dirt bikes of any kind on it... so it's pretty disheartening to know they'd have an issue with us using it. Such a perfect place to ride, and just sitting there. :-/

Last edited:
What happens a lot is most riders are respectful of the property and respectful for who owns it. There are others people that don't care about either. They think they are "entitled" to be there. They also have open headers and make noise and tear up the ground. Again "entitled" to run open headers as they don't think it offends anyone nor do the care if it did.
Those guys are who ruin it for everyone. Soon ALL riders are banned from riding because of the "entitled" riders.
Sorry to say but that is just how it is these days. There isn't is chance on earth you will get everyone to use quiet mufflers and be respectful. It just won't happen today... too many people feel they can do whatever they want where ever they want...
JMO

What happens a lot is most riders are respectful of the property and respectful for who owns it. There are others people that don't care about either. They think they are "entitled" to be there. They also have open headers and make noise and tear up the ground. Again "entitled" to run open headers as they don't think it offends anyone nor do the care if it did.
Those guys are who ruin it for everyone. Soon ALL riders are banned from riding because of the "entitled" riders.
Sorry to say but that is just how it is these days. There isn't is chance on earth you will get everyone to use quiet mufflers and be respectful. It just won't happen today... too many people feel they can do whatever they want where ever they want...
JMO
Speaking of which. What is one of the quieter mufflers available? Im in the market!

Speaking of which. What is one of the quieter mufflers available? Im in the market!
Probably the stock Predator muffler. But, people will say you loose power, yet I haven't seen anyone Prove exactly how much power is lost, just here say...
The old school sausage mufflers work OK, maybe not as quiet but Way better than no muffler at all.
A while back I saw some youtube vids of guys making their own mufflers but can't find them now.
There were some threads on here before about quiet mufflers, perhaps you can search and find them ?
I hope you find something quiet, keep us posted.

This past weekend sunday Leaf and I ran the derby hill and around the drome. Looking for others to join in on the fun at Dorais Park. Its FREE!!

the drome is open to the public?

Last time I was there was for Thunderdrome...

My current bike is more set up for drag, but I'm looking to swap the engine into something more off-road friendly

Last edited:
Sounds cool..... yeah it's open to public... trying to get a good group of peeps to do some riding... an at dorais you only need some gas an time to go ride....[emoji1631][emoji965][emoji2187]

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Anybody up for some Uphill Dirt Drags at Dorais Park?? For those of you who dont know where thats at, its the derby hill at the velodrome off of outerdrive and mound in Detroit.

Well a buddy mentioned to me about a group called 4'' Outlaw Racing Series that has a cool deal going. Any mini with 4'' wheel and a rope start engine is in. Dirt Ovals,Dirt Drags,Street Drags,Road Course and Paved Circle Track. They do 2 races of each along with points of each event. All for fun with no money. So i built a bike for it!!!