Vintage dave grattan hound dog

edwin

RARE, HOUND DOG, RUNS GOOD. 5.5 CLONE, STAINLESS ROUND GAS TANK.
6"X3.5 ASTROS FRONT, TRI STARS REAR, DRUM BRAKES, JUST NEEDS RECOIL $500 ANY QUESTIONS CALL OR PM. 818-679-0073 SUN VALLEY CA 91352

Last edited:

edwin

Edwin isnt that rear wheel the one you need for the taco 100?
YEAH IT IS, BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE, AND ITS ON THE HOUND DOG. SO MY POCKET BOOK TELLS ME TO RUN THESE WHEELS. DOESNT LOOK TO BAD, BY THE WAY, THE GREEN SEAT IS GOING BYE BYE.

Last edited:
The rear tire in my opinion is correct for the bike I have a 1 page brochure on the DG Hound Dog and it shows a Tri Star rim just like the one on your bike.. The front wheel looks to be incorrect ...

is it just me or does the rear wheel on the teal one looked tweeked in the pic?

it looks like it has some rear wheel steering going on. :laugh:

edwin

The rear tire in my opinion is correct for the bike I have a 1 page brochure on the DG Hound Dog and it shows a Tri Star rim just like the one on your bike.. The front wheel looks to be incorrect ...
yeah my buddy took the og briggs 5 horse and the og tri-stars, and gave me the rest. the teal one looks nice, but it doesnt have suspension. and the tubes for the suspension is precision tube. slides real well with no slop. i think someone added the 12 pack holder in the front. tho
if anybody is really interested, i have the og clutch cover just like the teal one.

p.s the fenders on the teal one look like bonanza fenders that have been modded and set down on the wheels. nice touch. where is that one located ?

Last edited:
p.s the fenders on the teal one look like bonanza fenders that have been modded and set down on the wheels. nice touch. where is that one located ?
Dave Grattan made a few different modles of the Hound Dog the brochure I have is for the model 400 and there are alot more differences mainly to the sq tube frame

edwin

No not mine, belonged to a friend of mine. He sold it last year. Thought of buying it but didnt.
just curious what was he asking, and what did he get for it.

im sure im over priced, but might as well put a big tag on if not sure on wanting to sell or not. . you know the sayin. $ talks and bs walks

Last edited:

mybiz

Thats a new on to me. And it looks like a very easy bike to duplicate. With some square tubing and a welder. I like it.:thumbsup:

edwin

new asking price is $350 final offer, (until prob next week) lol. but the bike is now complete with a new recoil starter, thanks to mac.

come on !!! own and restore an orginal, rare and not to mention unique squaretube type frame. 818-679-0073 look at the pics closely. nice!!!! bike

dont you just love the sales pitch. hahaahh