My dad's 68 rupp XL-500

SpyGuy

Nice build so far, looking good. Only "minor" thing I would have changed would be to color-match the rims with the frame - the black makes it kinda look like a lot of sidewall. I'd have shot that green instead.

A father/son project ...... can't never go wrong with those. Dad gonna be riding with you soon?

Bryan are you and your dad going to run a jackshaft on this build? If not you are going to run into chain problems. That Rupp is turning out great!!! Keep up the good work.

1stlegendtx

Looks good.:thumbsup:That's the same color I used on my Cat 250. I know what you mean about getting a picture of the real color. It seems to always want to show up a little blue in the pictures.:doah:

Looking good,:thumbsup: Did you have to shot a base coat if silver before using the green paint from Dupli color. It might be the camera but it looks like there are lighter spots on the frame.

is the front wheel a 6" or 7" kind of looks like a broncco rim? If you need a rupp turbine rim let me know i have one, also the bike looks awsome!!!

Nice build so far, looking good. Only "minor" thing I would have changed would be to color-match the rims with the frame - the black makes it kinda look like a lot of sidewall. I'd have shot that green instead.

A father/son project ...... can't never go wrong with those. Dad gonna be riding with you soon?
Thanks but that is what we thought to be original.

Looking good,:thumbsup: Did you have to shot a base coat if silver before using the green paint from Dupli color. It might be the camera but it looks like there are lighter spots on the frame.
It is the camera there are no light spots. We used a grey primer. Nice sugestion about the silver I might have to try it one day.

The Rupp you have is a 68. Because 69 bikes had drum brakes not disc brakes. They didn't make a Roadster in 68 from what I see in the brochure. So I think your bike is one of these three models. But depending if the jackshaft is original than it is one of the two because of the side you have the sprocket on. Look at the differences in the three pictures from the 68 brochure pictures. They all three used the same frame and forks. Hope this help you i.d. the Rupp better.

Last edited:
do you have the disc for the front? it looks like a bigger wheel because the rear halfs are painted black, i really like the way the biuke is comming out! soon i will be restoreing my roadster!