truth

supernova good point . there was a priest that was asked if thought only Christians were going to be the ones in heaven . his answer there will be Christians in hell and pagans in heaven . for there is good in the pagans and there is also evil in the Christians .

65ShelbyClone hahaha some one has been looking around with there eyes open . i have watched and seen what the church and it followers are capable of . i was a Lutheran ,did the sunday school and all that . went to the pastor and needed help , his answer was look in the book you will find it . i looked and looked and found nothing but empty words . then being told by the church i was not wanted there ,( guess its not good to question the church :shrug:) and being treated like i was i had my fill of there so called god .

a question to any Christians have you read the whole bible ? from front to back ?
im a atheist but the one thing i have found that will rattle any religious person is when they find out i have read there book. twice on the normal size and 3 times on a mini pocket book .

buckeye

I for one have read the Bible from Gen thru Rev. Yea a lot of it makes no sense.The full meaning will be revealed when we are with the Father. Look up Grace. Look up faith. Forgiveness. I challenge anyone to a 30 day exercise. All you have to do wheather you believe in God or not,each morning say a prayer to whom ever it is you pray to. Start in John and read each day of the 30 day period. When finished ill bet you have a different understanding of God. Yep I Believe!

IMO......Nothing worse than organized religion . :eek:ut:

I dont care for, or need religion in my life. There is only one rule you need..The golden rule!! Just be a good person. And live your life to the fullest. Nothing would be worse then going through life afraid of what God would like and what he wouldn't, and never really experiencing life. Only to die and find out it was all a sham.:shrug:

The views expressed in this thread are those of it participants only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of other members, or OldMiniBikes

danc9

IMO......Nothing worse than organized religion . :eek:ut:

I dont care for, or need religion in my life. There is only one rule you need..The golden rule!! Just be a good person. And live your life to the fullest. Nothing would be worse then going through life afraid of what God would like and what he wouldn't, and never really experiencing life. Only to die and find out it was all a sham.:shrug:

The views expressed in this thread are those of it participants only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of other members, or OldMiniBikes

Where did that rule come from any way?

DAN

P.S. I don't believe in religion either, caused a lot of problems through the centuries!

buckeye

What if it isn't a sham? Then where you gonna be? There is a need in all of us to have a relationship with our Lord, therefore being able to have a relationship with God. Sin has seperated us from him. Christ, Gods only Son was made flesh. Knew what his mission was,to die for our sins, and gladly followed So we may have fellowship with our Father. He will bring joy, happiness, and other fruits of the Spirit that lives in those who have accepted the Son.No real believer judges. Only those who are without the Son. Doesn't make us perfect. Just gives us hope.

Where did that rule come from any way?

DAN

Live by the sword die by the sword !!
No matter how you say it. It pretty much sums it all up. Its the only meaningful thing I got from the bible.

What if it isn't a sham? Then where you gonna be? There is a need in all of us to have a relationship with our Lord, therefore being able to have a relationship with God. Sin has seperated us from him. Christ, Gods only Son was made flesh. Knew what his mission was,to die for our sins, and gladly followed So we may have fellowship with our Father. He will bring joy, happiness, and other fruits of the Spirit that lives in those who have accepted the Son.No real believer judges. Only those who are without the Son. Doesn't make us perfect. Just gives us hope.
On the off chance it isn't...Well according to the bible God is all knowing and all seeing. So he knows that I lived a good life, and was a decent person.
Do I really need to go to a million dollar church every week and profess that??:shrug: Is that what you think is gonna get me in ?? I think its more of fear of dying, rather than hope. IMO

People beleive in religon and gods out of fear of thier own mortallity.As early man started to bury the dead,down was bad.So the only alternitive was up must be a better place.
No matter what you beleive,live a good life,with a good concious.And you will be rewarded with good freinds and family.That is what i beleive in

No matter what you beleive,live a good life,with a good concious.And you will be rewarded with good freinds and family.That is what i beleive in
What is a good life? Is it what the radical muzzy believes: kill all infidels for god? Or, taking a deity out of the equation, is it killing all those who disagree or threaten your way of life, like the followers of Pol Pot did, for example? Where does your idea of good come from? Why is your definition of good correct and the radical muzzy's wrong?

furyus

What is a good life? Is it what the radical muzzy believes: kill all infidels for god? Or, taking a deity out of the equation, is it killing all those who disagree or threaten your way of life, like the followers of Pol Pot did, for example? Where does your idea of good come from? Why is your definition of good correct and the radical muzzy's wrong?

furyus
You would have made a good Hitler.

i had this talk with a bunch of friends before and one woman had a really good point . she looks at me and says wasnt the bible written by MAN ? a say ya and ? she says well if it was written by man then can we really believe any of it ? for we all know any man will lie to get what he wants . and she had more on it but cant remember it know . the thing that is funny is Jesus is a jew so the savior of the world is a jew . any one who want to fight on the fact look where he was born . now the jews say that there savior has not come yet . strange that they would say that .

one little bible fact i find funny and its in cold hard print . does it not say in the bable something to the effect "he who changes my word will be denied his part of heaven "?
take a 1945 war bible and look up the parts where it talks about Jesus having a brother, now take the same book but printed in 1950 . printed on the same press and the same company it has no single word of his brother. weird it has changed , also look at the passage about the carts dripping with oil the 7 years of fat and lean . my moms book has that passage but yet the newer print of the same book does not . so once again the word has changed .
the changing of the wording makes sence for as time goes on language evolves a easy one look at a fagot, 120+ years ago i had a total different meaning then today . it meant a bundle of sticks or if your in metal work(black smithing ) it was a weld onto its self . now today fagot is a slang term for a gay . and even there evolution yet again ,gay meant a happy person . so the original way it was written would make no sence . but to change the whole story and remove whole parts ?
ex (we went to the valley and i made her so gay) in todays world has a different meaning Out of closet. today to get the same meaning it would be (we went to the valley and i made her so happy)

Last edited:
The ten commandments are the basic rules of society.Thats what i am talking about.Even though i am not a believer.My quote didnt say anything about killing.

Religion has to many variations,and can and will be interpeted by radicals who mix thier own beliefs.These holly rollers are the problem.

In order to trully see, you must avoid the naked stare of the self rightous.lol

I believe, I believe. If a person is "hoping", or a "just in case" thing....they really don't believe. I'm here to tell ya folks.....Believe.