truth

Oldsalt

I like the one by Brother Dave Garner [circa 1959]:

Two goldfish are swimming around their bowl and arguing about religion. Finally one of the goldfish comes up with the mean sweep. He says "Hey man, If there ain't no God ...who changes the water"?!

Funny talk but I am not a agnostic or an atheist.

P.S. The dog in your avatar; is it really your pet? Usually your avatars are somewhat more zany therefore I've been wondering.

Last edited:
that's Lela, my roommate's dog. it was a random pic that i took of her and the tongue cracked me up. :laugh:

since pics are fun, here's my roommate's cat telling me he wants out of my room. :laugh:

Last edited:

MikeBear

I contend it takes more faith to NOT believe that God exists.

Once we die, NOBODY will wake up on the other side an atheist.

Ponder on that.

If people don't choose to get right with God while they are still living, it'll be too late once they are dead.

There are many paths to God. Who's right who's wrong, only those who have passed know for certain. I believe that if you worship any God/Gods you are covered, I'd hate to choose on or more than one and be wrong about it in the end. I keep an open mind and believe everyone goes wherever it is they believe they are going. Heaven, paradise, wherever. I believe they are all the same place, just seen in different ways.:thumbsup:

bandit 40

There are many paths to God. Who's right who's wrong, only those who have passed know for certain. I believe that if you worship any God/Gods you are covered, I'd hate to choose on or more than one and be wrong about it in the end. I keep an open mind and believe everyone goes wherever it is they believe they are going. Heaven, paradise, wherever. I believe they are all the same place, just seen in different ways.:thumbsup:
Very well spoken:clap:

MikeBear

This verse below says there's only ONE true path to God the father. There are no second chances after we are dead. So, you must choose now, while you still can:

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I'm not claiming, and don't profess to be a super-christian, nor do I go preach on street corners. I'm not going to preach here, so this is my only post on this here. I'm also not going to shake a finger in anybodies face, and rant and rave. However, we are all responsible before God, and we are all given a chance to get right with him before death. I also think that time is growing short, and nobody can put it off much longer.

This is what I believe here:

John 3:14-21 (New International Version, ©2010)

14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[a] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Most religions have a book maybe all, the Bible, Quran, Tipitaca, the Torah etc. They all will say many similar things but have one purpose, to teach and worship. These books were written by men and can be full of things that can be interpited many ways, some good and some bad. All are good all are full of wisdom, but to dismiss any of them is dangerous IMO. My 2nd ex-wife has an uncle who says all muslim's, hindu's, buddists, even the Jewish people are all going to hell for not accepting Jesus Christ as their personal savior. And he's not the only one to have said that to me, other evangelicals have said the same. Just an example of how extremism is not limited to the muslims. I just respectfully disagree to keep from taking a punch at em. I'm respectful of all religions and do not dismiss even one of them, I will remain that way in the hopes that living a decent life will get me by. Religion is a dangerous subject best left alone whenever possible, that said I'm done and have said my piece!:thumbsup:

ive never been baptised, does that mean im not going to heaven:shrug: my mom didnt have me baptised because she said it wasnt up to her to choose my religion, and that i should do it "baptise" or what ever else i want to do when im old enough to understand. well now im 32 and still dont know what to do:shrug: ive heard it all when ever i tell people that ive never been baptised, but i do think my mom made the rite choice with leaving the decision to me, but hey thats just me. when i go maybe ill go to mini bike heaven.

125ccCrazy

I wouldn't say Religion isn't a dangerous subject but has been the cause of many wars over the centuries....it will always start a controversy between believers and non believers....
John 14:6
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Like my Grandfather always said "The bible says it, I believe it and that settles it!"

i would rather spend my sunday on the OldMiniBikes forum than going to church any day, i figure i have done enough sins in my past, that if there is a hell i will be there, oh well. i really think that if i get buried i will just be worm food. to each his own.there are to many evil bad things in this world for me to believe if there were a god that he would allow any of this to go on. i mean just look at all of the priest that like to have there little boys. now that is messed up. just my opinion.

well said my brother :thumbsup: JESUS CHRIST IS MY LORD AND SAVER. HE HAS PUT UP WITH A LOT OF MY GUFF AND HE STILL WELCOMES ME IN HIS HOUSE EVERY DAY. :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

I am pretty sure that strigoi is no more serious about this post that 75 percent of his past posts. He really likes, I'm thinking, to bring up things that require some thought. I love it.

This numbers game that our buddy Roberts played [-everything + 1, -everything - 1] is of course only interesting because it sounds good.

Reminds me of one of my favorites [I might even be original with this one] about me being "Almost A Vegetarian". It goes like this...another numbers game:

"I am almost a vegetarian because I only eat cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, and occasionally elk/deer when a stupid one gets near the shop. Ducks and geese if I'm outside and the idiots fly really low. And I only eat just the tasty parts of those. I NEVER eat kangaroo, duckbill platypus, camel, pythons, lemurs, tigers, hippos, and several thousand other, possibly rather tasty, animals. Therefore I am .0003% form being a 100% vegetarian".

Does that wash?

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

"I cannot understand why we idle discussing religion. If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination. It is quite understandable why primitive people, who were so much more exposed to the overpowering forces of nature than we are today, should have personified these forces in fear and trembling. But nowadays, when we understand so many natural processes, we have no need for such solutions. I can't for the life of me see how the postulate of an Almighty God helps us in any way. What I do see is that this assumption leads to such unproductive questions as why God allows so much misery and injustice, the exploitation of the poor by the rich and all the other horrors He might have prevented. If religion is still being taught, it is by no means because its ideas still convince us, but simply because some of us want to keep the lower classes quiet. Quiet people are much easier to govern than clamorous and dissatisfied ones. They are also much easier to exploit. Religion is a kind of opium that allows a nation to lull itself into wishful dreams and so forget the injustices that are being perpetrated against the people. Hence the close alliance between those two great political forces, the State and the Church. Both need the illusion that a kindly God rewards—in heaven if not on earth—all those who have not risen up against injustice, who have done their duty quietly and uncomplainingly. That is precisely why the honest assertion that God is a mere product of the human imagination is branded as the worst of all mortal sins."

- Paul Adrien Maurice Dirac, 1902-1984
British Physicist

to deny god before man is a unforgivable sin

wen people speak of hell its no fun i was in the maykong delta vietnam 1969 we were in a firefight that lasted 17 days i saw and carried 26 of my men on my back to a medavac chopper only 4 lived we all believed in god as a door gunner in 1970 1st cav div 26 miles south of sigon we came into a vil young american soldgers were tied to a tree 6 men they put a starving rat in a cage tied to the tree eating the kids face as i took off the cage the boy about 18 years old cryied thanking god i came to hem i served 3 tours in the nam i have only one eye im blind in the left eye i was spared by god wen i carried soldgers dying on chopper i held there head in my arms is they were dying there never asked for there wifes they asked for god as ive walked throw hell in vietnam for three years i know know who god is i got on my knees and thanked hem for bringing me home my twin brother is stell in vietnam wen i go to hes grave in vietnam he was a good soldger and i know hes with god im not afraid to tell anyone thait i love jesus crist ps sorry i dont spell good dwp dan.