MB165 & kids vintage class Rupp Roadster

MB165

I got out in the shop and tore into the engine, its a nice one, doesnt look like its been abused. the governor gear is not discolored, the old rings have .022 end gap, and all the journals look new.
Now I got figure what to do with the wheels....

Its been so cold I used the local car wash to degrease the engine, its 16 degrees this evening....

MB165

I got a bunch of bronze bushing stock ordered up, gonna make some real swingarm bushings, the flimsy rubber origionals are too expensive and no one has them anyway.

MB165

Got most of the paint stripped off the engine, but the head is baked on, zip strip wouldnt touch it, even soaked it overnight.

new rod and rings

good shape

Last edited:
6282 ARC Billet Rod Tecumseh 5.5 OHV 3.484

I did some research today, called ARC racing and got some specs on their 6282 rod. It looks like it will be a drop in on the HS40, it is +.005" longer that shouldnt be a issue, soooo I went ahead and ordered one up, along with a rebuild kit for the PZ22 Carb, and some spare valve guides which look like EZ bore brand.
I am here to help,when i can.:thumbsup: The hs40 and hs50 share the same connecting rod too.

MB165

ARC rod and swingarm bearings came in today, those guys can mill out a nice piece.
I figger if im going this far I might as well see if I can get a mild cam for this thing?....should I email tim isky?