Usps sucks!

Bikerscum

I don't ship a lot of minibike stuff, but I do ship expensive ($3k) airguns, and ALWAYS use USPS priority mail. UPS & FEDEX use the long boxes for forklift ramps or something. Damage is almost a certainty. Priority mail gets it there fast & safe every time, cheap.

I think there is something to be said for the same person delivering to your home every day, as opposed to a driver that throws your chit on the porch & you never see them again.

The one thing I wish USPS would improve on is their tracking system. You pretty much get told it shipped, it's on the way, it's delivered.

If France is so great and is pushing 50% Muslim population , feel free to relocate !
You should read France 24.
Its a great paper that will give you many insights into non english speaking Eroupean culture.

Many French people are unhappy about the opinion you express too.

http://www.france24.com/en/france/
Please read it and hear a completely different take on how the world works.
Iit may not change your mind on anything, but when a story is composed in a different unfamiliar language from another simmiliar culture you can see yourself in a different light.

Last edited:
If France is so great and is pushing 50% Muslim population , feel free to relocate !
NOS isn't residing in America, nor is he an American citizen.

All B.S. , the Post office is and has always been a Government operated blunder , get the facts , please tell me what the Government can do , run or operate properly and or efficiently ???? Nothing is the right answer . Yes most of the time it works and is convenient but it most certainly could be privatized and be much better . Sorry just my 2 cents :thumbsup:
Hmm. Facts. The ones on Fox News, or the law from USC Title 39 Section 101 and 401? It is both a Government and a private agency. It does not fall under the POTUS, does and does not receive funding, except to cover absentee voting for US Armed Forces personnel serving overseas.

Should the DOD to be privatized? How about the Federal Acquisition Service? That's two of the highest-costing APF entities. Who should run them? Who should appropriate funding?

I am very familiar with "privatization," and have been a part of several studies, as well as acquisitions. (Contracts) In a nutshell, it costs the Government (you the tax payer) about twice as much for a private entity to perform the same work as a Government entity.

Privatization? The number of Government employees is still at about 2 million. The number of private employees working for the government (contractors) has doubled from about 4 million in 1999 to almost 8 million now. Our annual budget for contracted services is around $320 Billion.

Bottom line- the USPS does not run for profit. A private company answers to shareholders. You don't like the service? Use a private carrier. You think you can do a better job running the Government? Run for office. Vote. Move to France. (You can't immigrate to France without a work or spouse visa, except for Italy, then all you need is an annual income of 20K.) (From Italy, you'd be part of the EU and allowed to move anywhere.) Just a couple of facts. :thumbsup:

Oh Northern Italy.....

Another one of those places I would give my left nut to reside.
But not all year long.
Just a few months a year in the south of France or Norther Italy...
There are a couple of chanel Islands too, but not the ones full off rich people...

Well unless I get to be privateer...
Then I would raid mail ships for my keep and live off the spoil on the Ils of Man lol..

I LOVE US Postal Priority Mail service....I can ship a vintage magazine, small engine part, or owner's manual for like $5.10 and it gets there in 2-3 days like 99% of the time.

I like UPS and FedEx alright (UPS rocks for heavier stuff) but I can't do $12+ for shipping the same items mentioned above that now will take 5-7 days to get there and won't deliver on Saturdays.

That being said, all my local Post Offices always have the LINE OUT THE DOOR usually with some old biddy at the front chatting about seeing all the different stamps they have or some other person who needs to know ALL the possible shipping options available (but will invariably always pick the cheapest/slowest) meanwhile the only other USPS clerk goes on break and the rest of the customers in the ever growing line fumes.....

Also, MEDIA MAIL AND PARCEL POST SUCK...... soooOOOooo slooOOOooow.....and heaven forbid if it gets returned, YOU HAVE TO PAY AGAIN JUST TO GET IT BACK?!?!

(end rant) :grind:

........ all my local Post Offices always have the LINE OUT THE DOOR usually with some old biddy at the front chatting about seeing all the different stamps ... meanwhile the only other USPS clerk goes on break and the rest of the customers in the ever growing line fumes.....
Yes and yes....those people that want to see the different stamps are either escaped mental patients or they have no life...and it matters not to them if there is only one person at the wndow and the line is growing out the door, those idiots are going to take their time looking at those stamps ....:facepalm:

WhoTF even looks at the stamp when you get a letter in the mail. I tear the contents out, crumble up the envelope and and throw it directly in the garbage. Are there people out there who actually stop to admire the artwork on the stamps ?? :doah:

Bikerscum

My favorites are the ones that take the stuff they want to ship, a box, and some tape & get in line. Once they get to the counter they start to package it all up. The counter person never says a word.

I saw a lady walk up to the counter one time with a dress in her hands....it was still in the dry cleaning bag. The lady at the counter says "you'll have to put that in a box or something with a label to mail it".. This idiot was acting like it was news to them...like they could just hand the lady the dress and tell her where it had to go and it would magically get there. Unbelievable.

Not to bag on old people(hell there's enough of ya here I don't want offend :laugh:)but old people at the post office are like old people at the bank,if I see old people in front of me in line,I know its gonna be a Looooooong wait.

I saw a lady walk up to the counter one time with a dress in her hands....it was still in the dry cleaning bag. The lady at the counter says "you'll have to put that in a box or something with a label to mail it".. This idiot was acting like it was news to them...like they could just hand the lady the dress and tell her where it had to go and it would magically get there. Unbelievable.
SOme people actualy have no idea.

I want you to think about it for a moment...
We had a culture of mailing things many years ago.
People wrote letters, sent parcels with sweaters and fruit cake.
People bought things from eatons or sears.

That changed with cheap long distance dept stores and email ( most recently )......

I bet there are people here on this board who have never written a letter and posted it ( couldnot even say what side to put the stamp on ).

But that is changing in interesting ways.
We are starting to ship more an shop online.

The real question not yet adressed in this thread is simple.
Will shipping things in the future be more like it was i the past?

As the volume increases in E commerce we should hope to have something like the USPS there as a watch dog on costs and hidden fees.
There are big changes coming you know...
Allibaba wil become a force here too ( and likelly they will buy UPS or Fedex to control their own shipping ).
Do we really want this all to be in the hands of the free market?

No of we can keep the politicians hands off the postal system and let ti grow and change into a parcel service for all then the little guy will have a chance to compete with Ebay,Amazon and Allibaba.

And who knows????
Once day you may buy your groceries online and the mail man delivers a hamper at a preset time of day.
The Amazon drone could land in your front yard with the spare part to your house you just ordered.
We all could have an ebay store and ship everywhere at a flat rate.
And I still can see the potential of internet banking and services provided by the post office in making them a much more important part of our lives.

Yes the free market is great and it should have a place a long side maiil service.
But I want the option of a non profit opperation that has my interest first as its guiding goal there too.

The real question not yet adressed in this thread is simple.
Will shipping things in the future be more like it was i the past?
Shipping costs are already having a major impact on China's exports. Studies indicate that this (higher shipping costs associated with higher energy costs) will completely change the trade deficit many nations currently see.

1. Shipping costs will increase until alternative energy is discovered and made economically viable.

2. Shipping distances will decrease as higher shipping costs render cheaper labor and productions costs moot.

Shipping costs are already having a major impact on China's exports. Studies indicate that this (higher shipping costs associated with higher energy costs) will completely change the trade deficit many nations currently see.

1. Shipping costs will increase until alternative energy is discovered and made economically viable.

2. Shipping distances will decrease as higher shipping costs render cheaper labor and productions costs moot.
Its all very hard to say.
non of us can gaze into a crystal ball and say for sure.

But I think we should treat the mail as a public utility and make sure it has the backing to change with the times and serve everyone equaly.

Gatecrasher

Yes and yes....those people that want to see the different stamps are either escaped mental patients or they have no life...and it matters not to them if there is only one person at the wndow and the line is growing out the door, those idiots are going to take their time looking at those stamps ....:facepalm:

WhoTF even looks at the stamp when you get a letter in the mail. I tear the contents out, crumble up the envelope and and throw it directly in the garbage. Are there people out there who actually stop to admire the artwork on the stamps ?? :doah:
Yes I do. Not everyone is a total cretin. lol

The series I've been buying lately are the Rock History series. I usually buy a couple sheets to keep and a couple to use as postage. Commemorative stamps cost the same so might as well use them too.

Here's the latest release (pretty-cool huh :thumbsup:)

I think John Lennon is next.

Yes I do. Not everyone is a total cretin. lol
Rock on! Nothing wrong with collecting stamps, or freaking out to get one. Hell, some people even collect old mini bikes, having ten or twenty of them collecting dust in their garages! :laugh:

I wish I would have saved all those silver certificates I collected in the 70's when I had paper routes. No, I had to blow them on Hostess Snack Cakes and mini bike gas.

Rock on! Nothing wrong with collecting stamps, or freaking out to get one. Hell, some people even collect old mini bikes, having ten or twenty of them collecting dust in their garages! :laugh:

I wish I would have saved all those silver certificates I collected in the 70's when I had paper routes. No, I had to blow them on Hostess Snack Cakes and mini bike gas.
I got a bunch of stamps from Latvia last week.

Got a real good deal on some surplus stuff and it got here in the post in 3 weeks.
I know USPS was not involved but has I used UPSD or Fedex this would have cost me more and I would have to pay import broker fees that the post office does for you.

That is another consideration.