Usps sucks!

Over that last week I have been ordering parts and one guy would only ship usps so I agreed and he paid for 2 day shipping. well its now been 7 days and I still have not got my package and of course calling them they say I need to use the tracking # but why can they not account for the fact they lost my package for 4 days....

And god forbid you ask for a refund they get offended.

Heck the last time I used the usps they told me my item was run over by a forklift and was sent to atlanta but did they try to contact me nope.

Turns out my package never was in atlanta the mail man stole it then put it on cl. And was I ever reimbursed for that nope.

I really do not understand how the usps has not been run off by the far superior ups and fedex.

/end rant.

Be careful what you wish for.

It will be a sad day in America the day they decide to get rid of the USPS.
Not even close.

Why would I want to use a company were there is no recourse ?

I paid 42 bucks for 2 day shipping from California and I they take 7 days and I'm not entitled to a refund ?

The mail lady we had doing our routes tripped on a guys walk way and she had a union lawyer sue the man and won all because she was to dang lazy to lift her feet.

I've always had pretty good luck with the Priority flat rate boxes from USPS.

UPS has burned me more than once.
Yep I like the flat rate box never had a problem with them , I like FedEx the wife gets a discount , but my mail man was a lost cause for a while. I guess he could not read ABC or 123 I got the neighbors Mail and from two blocks over they would bring me mine . Quick call to the office and they straightened his act up. Funny they followed him around on this route in a little ford something with a little yellow lite flashing on top for a week . Got to luv the US mail.

I really do not understand how the usps has not been run off by the far superior ups and fedex.

/end rant.
Guess you didn't know that since the late 90's or early 00 Fedex has been shipping all usps priority and express mail. It used to be an obscure freight company but they sucked so bad fedex got the contract. Ever notice the fedex drop boxes at the post office?

They recently renewed the contract for 7 more years. You can read it here mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-23/fedex-to-fly-mail-for-postal-service-for-10-5-billion.html

Guess you didn't know that since the late 90's or early 00 Fedex has been shipping all usps priority and express mail. It used to be an obscure freight company but they sucked so bad fedex got the contract. Ever notice the fedex drop boxes at the post office?

They recently renewed the contract for 7 more years. You can read it here mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-23/fedex-to-fly-mail-for-postal-service-for-10-5-billion.html
Usps truck shows up at my house and they take my money = there problem.

Over that last week I have been ordering parts and one guy would only ship usps so I agreed and he paid for 2 day shipping. well its now been 7 days and I still have not got my package and of course calling them they say I need to use the tracking # but why can they not account for the fact they lost my package for 4 days....

And god forbid you ask for a refund they get offended.

Heck the last time I used the usps they told me my item was run over by a forklift and was sent to atlanta but did they try to contact me nope.

Turns out my package never was in atlanta the mail man stole it then put it on cl. And was I ever reimbursed for that nope.

/end rant.
You are going to be so sorry on that black day your kind kills the post office.

They have nearly killed it up here.
Home delivery of mail is ending soon.
UPS and Fedeex are already raising prices because they can.
In the UK they sold off the post office and not only got screwed in the stock offering , but service is already in steap decline and home delivery is expected to end there too.

Guard your 6 day a week delivery USPS.
When its gone you will kknow the true cost of delivery.

I got burned multiple times with USPS also. They haven't messed up and of my shipped items, but I bought a Meziere electric water pump that never arrived and apparently disappeared off the face of the Earth. I can see losing an envelope, but a water pump?

And most recently some small 12v light bulbs also vanished into thin air. It's not like it's free I paid for the shipping. :hammer:

I have only really had 1 bad time with the US Mail all because the label I put on the box got ripped off and the did not know where to take it. It happens sometime or another.,we are only human,

i sent a USPS money order to one of our fine members
to pay for some parts. the OldMiniBikes member went to the
post office to cash the money order and the postmaster,
Roberto, said my postal money order was counterfeit.

i went to my post office (were i purchased the money
order)and they said couldn't do any thing about it. i had
to go to a bigger post office. the bigger post office
referred me to the post office that originated the
money order. hmmm....

i sent the original amount by paypal to the fine OldMiniBikes
member so he didn't have to wait for his money.
he got his cash and shipped out some killer bonanza
parts. no issue there.

Roberto, the post master on the other end of this
fine transaction told me he wasn't responsible for
the error. In fact he wanted to charge me postage
to return the 'counterfeit' money order to me.

it took over a month to resolve 'my mistake'.

never again, the USPS might be able to deliver
envelopes but they lack the ability to operate
a currency transfer for fee service.

:thumbsup:

In France the Postal service is also a bank and check cashing service.
They own their own trains and rail in some places.

They get your mai or package anywhere in France in 3 days.
A small package is 12 pounds or under is 9 dollars any place in the country in 3 days....

They will send mail freight from 12 to 100 pounds too.

SO why can the french run a postal service that makes money and we can't.
Because its also a bank.
Mail, bills paid, internet provider and savings loans under one roof.

We ship most of our packages USPS, so we have a little experience with shipping.

There used to be the issue of no recourse without having insurance. Times have changed a bit.

If your express mail is late, you get a refund. Happens to us every time we ship USPS express!

maverick1

Postal service lost a flat screen tv I sent to my son in California. Could not believe how fast I was refunded the cost after I placed a claim. I bet if you figure the error rate versus the amount of letters/parcels they move, probably pretty small.

We ship most of our packages USPS, so we have a little experience with shipping.

There used to be the issue of no recourse without having insurance. Times have changed a bit.

If your express mail is late, you get a refund. Happens to us every time we ship USPS express!
Here is a prime example of a small buisness owner using the USPS.
This should tell you something....

Do tell please Hent...
You have no doubt many experiences with different companies and ways to ship.

Gatecrasher

I ship hundreds (perhaps thousands) of packages per year. I have had a fed Ex account for 20 years now but still use the USPS for the majority of it - especially international.

The USPS is profitable. Last year USPS operations alone netted a $1 billion dollar profit. Their losses come from a 2006 law forcing them to invest heavily in their pension funds for current and future retirees. UPS and Fed Ex don't have to deal with the same issues.

The U.S. Postal Service | Need to Know | PBS

Next to the Police and Fire Dept., the USPS is the most-valuable (and most used) agency in America and overall they do an excellent job.

All B.S. , the Post office is and has always been a Government operated blunder , get the facts , please tell me what the Government can do , run or operate properly and or efficiently ???? Nothing is the right answer . Yes most of the time it works and is convenient but it most certainly could be privatized and be much better . Sorry just my 2 cents :thumbsup:

All B.S. , the Post office is and has always been a Government operated blunder , get the facts , please tell me what the Government can do , run or operate properly and or efficiently ???? Nothing is the right answer . Yes most of the time it works and is convenient but it most certainly could be privatized and be much better . Sorry just my 2 cents :thumbsup:
While Your at it....

Private armies are cheaper too because they use Children.
Water companies will take care of your infrastructure ( after they get laws past making tings llike rain barrels against the law... Happened already in central America), pensions hell ya cause there is no such things as a crooked investment banker.

Infact lets get rid of the whole one man one vote thing and change it to he who has the most money gets to be or pick the leader.

France man....
If they do one things right its mail, and healtcare, and pensions, and food and wine, and nuclear power....
Hey thats more than one....

if your going to let things go to hell may as welll just throw up your hands and let the Mob run everything now.
Thats what they did in Russia.....

Last edited: